“Dirty sheets all stained mattress pad” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in San Marcos
“Dirty sheets all stained mattress pad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

My sheets had stains on the feet area, the browwn blanket had crusty white stuff and brown stains the comforter had icky on top. The shower curtain moldy :( gross never staying there again.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

There were bugs in our room on check-in. We asked to be moved. Eventually, we asked the night manager to cancel our reservation due to the bugs, his response was "how do I know you did not put the bugs in our room". We were not asking for a free nights stay, we asked to cancel our reservation, preferring to drive back to our home in Austin and return to San Marcos the following morning. When we called back to talk to the manager/owner, he said that it was a hotel and that hotels have bugs......

In the end, we paid $126 for a room in which we did not stay, managed by someone who accused us of planting the bugs owned by someone who thinks bugs in your hotel room is normal. All we wanted was a refund for a room in which we would not stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here without making reservations and literally got the last room in town. The room was very affordable and clean. I asked for and got a non smoking room (not a deodorized smoking room) . The manager and staff were friendly and helpful and the free breakfast had a nice selection of food and drink even though we were some of the last visitors before it closed. I will make it a point to stay here again !

• Stayed June 2012
Frisco, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

The staff was nice enough. Aside from that, I wouldn't recommend this hotel.
When we pulled up at around 8:00 there were people standing outside their hotel room on the first floor yelling at each other and drinking beer. They had their music as loud as it would go outside and they threw their empty beer cans into the bushes when they were done.
Our room ended up being right above theirs.
We had to be up early the next morning, so around 9:30 we decided to notify the staff. They said they had already told them 3 times to be quiet, so we should give them one more chance and then call the cops. Around midnight the music stopped. I'm not sure if it was because of the staff or if they just decided to go in, but waiting that long for results was a little frustrating.
The room didn't look horribly dirty, but the sheets were stained and the bedspread felt rough, like it hadn't been washed.
We had family staying in the room next door and we found out the next morning that my sister in law had been bitten by a bug during the night. They pulled back the bedspread and found three or four small bugs under the covers. They looked like ticks, and when she crushed one it was full of blood. We showed them to the people at the front desk and they said they get in when the rooms get cleaned during the day. I think they gave her 10 dollars off her room.
We decided not to stay there the next night.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012 via mobile

Though it was nothing fancy, bed was comfy. Customer service was good. Location was great. Overall, what we needed for the weekend.

• Stayed February 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is 100% disgusting. The management is awful. My boyfriend and I went up to the room and we were horrified. We immediately went to the front desk and requested a refund. After a few arguments we were finally given a refund. We left the hotel and found a WAY nicer one right down the street. After a few hours we get a call from Travelodge saying they decided NOT to give us a refund. This is all after we have booked another hotel. PLEASE steer clear of this hotel it is HORRIBLE!

• Stayed February 2012
Poolville, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

We stayed here last weekend and I must say, I was pleasantly suprised! When I checked in they had me in a 2nd story room, I have bad knees and they do NOT have an elevator, so I asked if they had a 1st floor room, he made the change with no problems at all! The front desk clerks were always nice, the room was clean, and most importantly...it was a great deal! I booked through Priceline and my room was only $46 a night! Yes, the breakfast lacked a little, but for the money saved on the room, you can afford to go eat at iHop! It was still ok though, they had do-it yourself waffles, coffee, juice, toast, and some asst. muffins and stuff., and the room had a microwave, frig., coffee maker, iron/ironing board & a hair dryer. The ONLY thing that was a negative, was that it was hard to get to coming from the San Antonio area, easy the other way, but maybe I just didn't know the right way to go to get back to the hotel.
Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: we had a bottom floor king room