“Below Average” 2 of 5 stars

Free Breakfast & WiFi!
Ranked #17 of 23 hotels in San Angelo
“Below Average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

I stayed here in April 2010 but am just getting around to writing a review. Let me first say that generally I like the newer La Quintas and their lay out. This however is one of the old school La Quintas that remind me of the motor court type lodgings that I used to stay in when traveling with my parents as a kid. All the room entrances are outside. Hotel room rates for a small town like San Angelo are high in my opinion. I travel quite a bit on business, and it was a surprise to see Comfort Suites, Holiday Inn, and Fairfield Inns charging around $150. I generally stay at Drury Inns, La Quintas, Hampton Inns and Fairfields in larger Texas cities for a lot less. Anyway I couldn't see charging my company so much for a 1 night stay, so I chose to stay at La Quinta. I think it was priced in the 80 or 90 dollar range.

The reservation desk clerk was pleasant and efficient. The location on Knickerbocker is good with easy highway access and is close to nearby restaurants off the loop. The room was a different story. Furnishings are old and threadbare. Bed is saggy and needs replacing. The worst part was the old, stained fiberglass tub. I've had fiberglass tubs in apartments and know how hard they are to keep clean and really don't like to see them in hotels as I think they make the establishment seem cheap. The room was very quiet; I don't think I had any neighbors, or if I did I never heard them. I did not bother to check out the pool so don't know how that was. Breakfast was typical La Quinta and was sufficient for me - 3 different kinds of cereal, milk, coffee, bagels and rolls, cold boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, and a waffle station. Breakfast room was in a separate building from the hotel and front desk. It was poorly lit and seemed really dreary. Overall I will not choose to stay here again but that will certainly limit my choices in this town.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
ingleside, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

I personally wanted to show my appreciation for the help, compassion and love that your employees showed my family during our time of grief. My grandmother tragically had a stroke and heart attack on May 17th 2010 and then passed away May 24th at Shannon Hospital in San Angelo. Our family had to travel in from all parts of the country and during this time La Quinta of San Angelo opened their hearts and allowed my family to stay for a week at a discounted rate because my cousin is employeed through La Quinta. I just wanted to let the cooperation know that each and everyone of your employees went above and beyond their normal duties for my whole family at one of the most hardest times of our lives. Please acknowledge your staff all they did for my family know that it will not go unnoticed. Thanks, Laticia Browne and Family Corpus Christi , TX

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

I stayed here last week and found the common areas dirty, soft drink machine was not working and my fiberglass bathtub had permanent stains on it. My girlfriend did not want to take a bath, only shower, because of the dirty appearance of the bathtub. The bed and room were fine. The breakfast area, which is in their conference building, was spotless, well stocked, and I would rate better than average for La Quinta. I have mixed feelings about recommending it.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

Older La Quinta and could use some new carpet and updates. No fridge or microwave which I have come to expect at a La Quinta. On the other hand, very reasonably priced and a good location.

I recommend for one or two nights.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Lubbock, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2009

Clean room. No problems. Worth the price. Prefer to have a refrigerator.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
lubbock
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

do not stay here . room had no towels,no phone, we could see outside from the inside,pool area dirty, water swampy and deck area unsafe my husband cut his foot . we were shocked at how bad the hotel has become we have stayed here in past and had no problems. recently stayed in arlington,tx la quinta across from six flags and it was wonderful. we will never stay here in san angelo again we will spend the money and stay at hampton inn or holiday inn.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

What a disappointment. The hotel is extremely run-down. The bed was very poorly made and we could feel every spring inside it. They didn't give us coffee until the 3rd day we stayed. The fridge didn't freeze or keep things cool. The lamps needed bulbs. The towels were horrible. Remember back when you would get a free towel in the box of detergent, well those were better towels. We were in a "no pet" room but the handle of the reclinder was chewed up by something!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn and Conference Center San Angelo? Share your experiences!