“Really nice experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Texas
“Really nice experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

First, I live here, and unfortunately in this town we have a paucity of good restaurants. This is my first trip here and i will definitely be back.

There is a set menu, kind of a prix fixe I guess, it ran about $35-45 I think for a 5 course dinner, I thought it was well worth it. Some might complain about the price, but they do not have alcohol so you can bring your own wine and save money there which we did. I thought the price was just fine. By the way, it is nice to be able to bring your own wine as you can select as good a wine as you want and perhaps pair it with your meal better.

The food was good, from the appetizers to the salads; entree and dessert were all very good. The greek salad was really interesting in a very good way, the rare tuna was perfect, I got a chocolate bread pudding for dessert.

I gave this the highest ratings, in part because it is the best place we have found here in San Angelo. I would say they could brew a better tasting coffee; also the tables are a bit too close to other patrons for what I like, but I understand it is not a large buildng at all.

I like that they didn't rush us through the meal, the wait person was very cordial, and not pretentious at all which for me is a plus.

Another small complaint is it can be difficult to get a menu sent to you prior to arriving; i would recommend to them if they read this to perhaps put it on their website instead of emailing.

• Visited February 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

texas
“A culinary find in San Angelo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

The fixed price dinner may be pricey for San Angelo but would not be considered pricey anywhere else. It's 5 tasty and fresh courses, plus, you get to bring your own wine. The chef/owner is CIA-trained and it shows in his eclectic menu. And if you get lucky, you may get Rosie as your server and she'll serenade you with her own original songs. One great service idea is that the server will ask that you pick your appetizer quickly so that you can restfully pick the entree and relax with your wine, instead of being rushed to decide everything at once.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lubbock, TX
“Fabulous, even if it's a little pricey for San Angelo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2009

The prix fixe menu starts at $40 a person which is pretty pricey for San Angelo, but it is fabulous.

Where else can you get fresh fish and
French cooking in West Texas?

And the chocolate souffle for dessert is out of this world.

Plus, the people are warm and friendly and not snooty at all.

It is a wonderful experience with a singing troubadour server, too!

City Different
“CIA???”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2008

When i went there in July, it was my first time. I had high expectations for this place since the chef and his wife were both Culinary Institue of America grads. The meal was average but from where the chef came from i'd expect more taste and flavor out of every bite than what i experienced there that night. My beef and barley soup was a great way to utilize the scraps from his steaks however there seemed to be more connective tissue than i'd like in soup. My steak was cooked the way i asked however, again, the taste wasn't there at all. I think people eat with their eyes but the taste will keep them coming back.
I wont return unless someone else pays for me to. I can go to a place like Peasant Village where the food is better tasting, cheaper and the passion is overflowing

Wall, TX
“becoming less predictable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2008

I wrote the original review on Silo House, and I think it's time for an update. Unfortunately, Silo House has become less reliable when it comes to food quality and service. I'm not sure what 's going on in the kitchen, but I'd have to rank Silo House 3rd, behind River Terrace and Peasant Village. I hope they can get their act together and produce the wonderful food they did 18 months ago!