“Intimate setting, interesting food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
San Angelo, Texas
“Intimate setting, interesting food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Salt at the Silo is a relatively obscure restaurant, and we'll worth seeking it out. Reservations are pretty much required, as there are not many tables. The menu changes every week, with the exception of their tenderloin entree, which is generally available. You will be served a wonderful four-course dinner, preceded by an amuse bouche. Service is enjoyable and informative. Don't forget to bring your favorite wines to complete the evening.
You won't have an experience like this anywhere else in San Angelo.

San Angelo, Texas
“Great place for a celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Centered in the Chicken Farm Art Center, this is truly a gem. Only open Thurs-Sun, the menu is unique for every visit. Call for reservations and you will not be disappointed. Menu is always small, limited to 3 entrees, plus all accompaniments. Price for entree includes salad or soup, veggies and dessert. The food is over the top but bring your own wine, there is none available. But I take this as a plus because I can bring my favorite, not be limited by their choices. If you are looking for a great evening, rent a limo, gather your friends, a few great bottles of wine, and celebrate!

Visited October 2013
College Station, Texas
“Perfect for a date”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is easily the nicest restaurant in San Angelo. Wy wife and I went to celebrate our 1 year anniversary and we were both extremely satisfied with the experience. It's a small place so you have to make a reservation. There are several tables that can accommodate 2 people, 4 people, one table for 6 in a private room and one table that seats 8. Expect to spend $50 a head. You can bring your own alcohol because they do not serve any, however there is a $10 fee. The meal consists of 5 courses and the portions are perfect. I'm a hungry man and I left satiated. My wife could not finish her entree. Our server was very polite and helpful. If you're looking for a nice place to dine, definitely go to Salt at the Silo House.

San Angelo, Texas
“THE Best Restaurant in San Angelo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We go to the Silo House Restaurant for all of our special occasions because it is the best place in town. The food and service are incredible and what you would expect in a restaurant in a much bigger city. I do not exaggerate when I say that my husband is a manager at another restaurant in town and this is still our favorite place to go for a romantic dinner.

The menu consists of five courses: an amuse-bouche, an appetizer, a soup or salad, a main entree, and a dessert. The menu changes each week and you have two to three choices for everything except the amuse-bouche. Many of the choices feature locally-farmed ingredients. You can't go wrong with any of the meals, however. Everything you order will be delicious, expertly seasoned, and the right temperature when it arrives at your table.

The atmosphere is intimate and romantic. The restaurant only has a few tables so it is quiet and cozy. The decor is arty and Southwestern without being gimmicky or overdone.

The service is second to none. The servers are well versed on the menu and helpful. The service is efficient and unobtrusive, which is exactly how I prefer it.

This restaurant is perfect for a romantic date or an anniversary. It is not a family restaurant - there isn't much on the menu that would appeal to children and the restaurant is too elegant for small children. I might consider taking my teenager in the future, but I think I would rather keep it as a special place just for my husband and I!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
W Texas
“Amazing flavors, beautiful presentations, wonderful service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We enjoyed our meal here so very much!
Reservations are a must. I emailed them a couple of weeks since this was our anniversary and I wanted to be sure of getting a table on a Friday night. They cheerfully responded within 24 hours with their acceptance.
This is a quiet restaurant, but not formal. I felt comfortable in my dress and heels, but there were some dressed more casually, and some were more dressy.
The meals are priced according to the entree and are in the $40 to $50 range. But included in that price are all the other courses. If you want wine with your meal you must bring your own. They make this quite easy and will place a chilled wine in a bucket of ice for you. They do charge a "corking fee" of $10.
We were served a tiny bite of apple with a dot of soft cheese and some kind of sauce "to clear the palate" at the beginning. Then appetizer, salad, the main course, and a dessert. The portions are small, but we found that we were able to finish our meals, have room for the wonderful desserts, and left quite stuffed.
The young lady who served us was cheerful and personable. She did a lovely job of waiting on all the tables in the room and remembered everything we asked for.
See my pictures below for a sample menu, my salmon entree, and the delicious dessert.
We will definitely eat here again on our next trip to San Angelo!

• Visited September 2013