“THE Best Restaurant in San Angelo” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
San Angelo, Texas
“THE Best Restaurant in San Angelo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We go to the Silo House Restaurant for all of our special occasions because it is the best place in town. The food and service are incredible and what you would expect in a restaurant in a much bigger city. I do not exaggerate when I say that my husband is a manager at another restaurant in town and this is still our favorite place to go for a romantic dinner.

The menu consists of five courses: an amuse-bouche, an appetizer, a soup or salad, a main entree, and a dessert. The menu changes each week and you have two to three choices for everything except the amuse-bouche. Many of the choices feature locally-farmed ingredients. You can't go wrong with any of the meals, however. Everything you order will be delicious, expertly seasoned, and the right temperature when it arrives at your table.

The atmosphere is intimate and romantic. The restaurant only has a few tables so it is quiet and cozy. The decor is arty and Southwestern without being gimmicky or overdone.

The service is second to none. The servers are well versed on the menu and helpful. The service is efficient and unobtrusive, which is exactly how I prefer it.

This restaurant is perfect for a romantic date or an anniversary. It is not a family restaurant - there isn't much on the menu that would appeal to children and the restaurant is too elegant for small children. I might consider taking my teenager in the future, but I think I would rather keep it as a special place just for my husband and I!

• Visited October 2013

W Texas
“Amazing flavors, beautiful presentations, wonderful service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We enjoyed our meal here so very much!
Reservations are a must. I emailed them a couple of weeks since this was our anniversary and I wanted to be sure of getting a table on a Friday night. They cheerfully responded within 24 hours with their acceptance.
This is a quiet restaurant, but not formal. I felt comfortable in my dress and heels, but there were some dressed more casually, and some were more dressy.
The meals are priced according to the entree and are in the $40 to $50 range. But included in that price are all the other courses. If you want wine with your meal you must bring your own. They make this quite easy and will place a chilled wine in a bucket of ice for you. They do charge a "corking fee" of $10.
We were served a tiny bite of apple with a dot of soft cheese and some kind of sauce "to clear the palate" at the beginning. Then appetizer, salad, the main course, and a dessert. The portions are small, but we found that we were able to finish our meals, have room for the wonderful desserts, and left quite stuffed.
The young lady who served us was cheerful and personable. She did a lovely job of waiting on all the tables in the room and remembered everything we asked for.
See my pictures below for a sample menu, my salmon entree, and the delicious dessert.
We will definitely eat here again on our next trip to San Angelo!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Angelo, Texas
“Four courses, nice atmosphere, great service, BYOB.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

The menu includes a choice of two appetizers, (small portion),one soup and two salads, ( the cold squash soup was bland), three entrees and three desserts. The pork shoulder was moist but needed a bit more seasoning. The affagato expresso with buttermilk ice cream sounded so good, but they ran our of that before our table could try it. The service is great and you are not rushed. They charge a "corkage fee" for wine and booze. Open Thurs-Saturday nights.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were treated like royality at the Silo House and had a wonderful time. It was a nice, clean, quite place for a romantic getaway. Portions were smaill but the food was wonderful!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Truly excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We ate here on March 23, 2013 (also reviewed that day: Inn at Art Center).

Our principal reason for visiting San Angelo was to catch up with some old friends who had moved there. They generously invited us to dinner, and by coincidence, the restaurant they had chosen was within the property of the Inn we stayed at (which they didn't know in advance).

The Silo House was an absolute treat! Everything in the 5 courses was excellent. The service was pretty much the same, as was the atmosphere.

I haven't mentioned wine, because it is BYOB. We actually prefer that, because then we can drink exactly what we want.

This was by far the best place we ate on a 3 week southwest trip.

• Visited March 2013