“I've tried most of the items on the menu” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #70 of 178 Restaurants in San Angelo
Cuisines: American
San Angelo, Texas
“I've tried most of the items on the menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Another home cooking style restaurant that's very common in San Angelo. I've had some thing I've liked but nothing that wow'd me. The least favority was the chili dog. I was really in the mood for a good chili dog but when it arrived with beans in the chili, my mood took a nose dive. Beans do not belong in any chili con carne served in Texas.

Visited July 2012

Anchorage, Alaska
“Like a Bad Dream”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My table of 4 arrived and ordered about 10 minutes sooner than 3 other tables, one of which had 7 people. We ordered two identical salads and two sandwiches, pretty simple. Our food arrived about 10 minutes after each of the 3 tables were chin-deep in their meals.

Portions were tiny.

Probably the worst part about this restaurant was the fact that there were dusty, old stuffed animals and fish on the wall that (I'm assuming) the owner hunted or caught. Got no problem with hunting or catching fish, but it's unappetizing when there are dusty, tattered animal skins hovering above your meal.

Wouldn't go back.

Visited June 2012
San Angelo, Texas
“Nice little downtown eatery.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

It is located in the historic Cactus Hotel. Wait staff is very nice. I was in for breakfast and the menu was very limited. Just burritos type offerings or biscuits and gravy.

Visited June 2012
“catering and dining in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

catered my daughters wedding and the food was to die for! Beef dishes and chicken dishes that all of our guests raved about. You can't go wrong with this place. The dishes in the restaurant are wonderful.

Visited March 2012
“Great stuff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

I have been here 4-5 times and tried different things each time and have yet to be disappointed. Chicken strips surprised me at how yummy they were. The sandwiches I have had are all amazing.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere