“Better options at cheaper prices throughout the city” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in San Angelo
Navarre, Florida
“Better options at cheaper prices throughout the city”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed here for two reasons; the free meals 3x a week and kitchenette in the room. The food was not very good, I guess you get what you pay for. The hotel is a little rundown and just has that older feel. Probably time for a renovation. The pool is constantly dirty and the rooms are a little musty. This is a pet friendly hotel so watch for bombs in the grass. The staff were very friendly and nice. I only had complaints about the hotel itself. For the money you have several other options and unless you REALLY want free food and a full size fridge, I'd check out other hotels.

Room Tip: Very thin walls so I'd pick the 3rd floor if this is the hotel for you.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites San Angelo, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Jason C,

Thank you for your writing us a review. It is great to know that you chose our hotel for our in-room kitchenette and free breakfast. However, we are very sorry that the overall condition of the hotel and the food selections were a let down during your stay. We take all guest feedback seriously and we will take on any opportunity to improve. We would love to welcome you back in the future when you can enjoy all our amenities.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is a clean and comfortable suites hotel in the model of extended stay. The functional cook-top and refrigerator come with reasonably stocked cooking equipment, dishes and glasses. Sofa, over-stuffed chair are comfortable in the seperate living/kitchen area. Beds are comfortable. Holiday Inn's entry in the extended stay market did not over-spend on sound proofing. All in all, decent value.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear texasrambler_62,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are glad you liked the cleanliness of our hotel and the room amenities. We sincerely apologize for the challenges you had with the noise during your stay. Your feedback is highly appreciated as we will use this to focus on areas to improve upon. We look forward to serving you again when you return to San Angelo.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Marble Falls, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

When I arrived I did NOT ge the room I had reserved. There was no option as they were booked and said it was because some of the oilfield folks hadn't checked out. We had room 114 and it was terribly noisy. THis was my first experience at a Staybridge and I will definitely have to think very hard about it before booking there again. I am an IHG member and thought it would be ok.

Room Tip: Don't accept room 114 or anything on the left side of the first hallway to the left. You are ri...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
FDavid_Michel, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Angelo, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Robben T:
Thank you for taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor. Allow me to apologize that we did not meet your standards nor ours. It is through comments such as yours that allow us to better serve all our guests. We make every effort to insure that all our guests receive the room that they reserved. It appear that in your case we failed. I have shared your comments with our team so that we can insure all future guests receive the room that they reserved. I apologize that the room you did receive was not as quiet as you would have liked. Please contact me directly next time you plan on being in San Angelo, and I will assure that you get both the room your require, as well as a location that is quiet.
We truly do appreciate your business, and look forward to being your "home away from home", when in San Angelo, Texas.

Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Hopefully this is an odd event but my wife and I just arrived after 5 hours in the car and were told by the front desk that they did not have me booked for a room. I asked if they would look up the reservation by CONFIRMATION NUMBER and they said "of course." They then told me that my reservation had been canceled and they moved me and the rest of my National Guard to another hotel (worse) about 10 miles away. I'm 56 and not quite National Guard material. I mentioned that I booked this online, individually, and paid $250.00. The response? "I'm sorry, my manager canceled it and I've tried to call her two times. I guess it was a mix up."

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Mr. Greg R:
In reviewing your comments, it turns out that it was an extraordinary set of circumstances that led to your experience. It turn out there was another guest with your exact name, whose reservation was cancelled and moved to another property. I apologize for the inconvenience and ask that you contact me directly at the hotel, so that I can offer you a resolution that you will be happy with.
Thank you for taking the time to bring this issue to my attention, and I look forward to speaking with you so that I can personally apologize.
The Team and I are extremely sorry that this situation occurred, and look forward to better serving your future lodging needs.

Lemoore, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Recently stayed here for three nights on a business trip to San Angelo. The hotel staff was very professional and polite! The rooms were very clean and extremely comfortable, a plus to have a full feature kitchen in the room for the stay. Gym was clean and everything in working order. The breakfast buffet in the mornings was awesome, not your standard juice and bagel, but a full hot and cold breakfast with all the trimmings. Three nights a week they also offer a "Happy Hour" with free dinner snack foods as well as complimentary wine and beer, nice after a long day! Overall was very pleased with this hotel and will stay at it again if I come back to the area. Felt very comfortable here. Only negative thing, very expensive, but like another post said, with the out of town workers in the area needing a place to stay, supply and demand kicked in and has driven the prices up. Your even going to pay a lot at a place like Days Inn, but with this hotel, you get 3 star treatment, and two meals a day, so worth it in the end. Thanks, Eric H.

Room Tip: The bottom floors are concrete and the rest of the building is wood structure. If you are in a botto...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Mr. Eric H;
Thank you for taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor. It is through comments such as yours that allow us to better serve all our guests. I have shared your positive comments with our team, and we look forward to being your "home away from home" next time you are in San Angelo, Texas. As you noted, our pricing is comparable to our competitors, due to significant demand.
Again, thank you for your positive comments and we look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is your standard Staybridge. But with a CRAZY rate.

I abhor fracking (hydraulic fracturing). The environmental damage is horrifying, and the tap water isn't safe. But it's going on in this region. The men that work for the energy companies doing it take up a ton of hotel rooms, thus driving up demand. The hotels then price-gouge. This Staybridge is not above price gouging. And it is definitely NOT worth $200 a night. I had to get special permission from my state agency's commissioner to get the state to pay so far above the federal rate, just to stay here and conduct state business in the area.

That said, everything was comfortable.

The room itself is your basic extended stay room. It was smaller than other Staybridges I've stayed at. But the full kitchen came in handy being a vegan in a town like San Angelo. I was especially happy to see a toaster. I was also happy to have a full size fridge so I could store the distilled water jug I bought. The internet was also adequate. And the bed was comfortable.

I also liked the fitness room. It was large and empty most nights. The treadmills sucked though. I wish IHG had standards about what kind of treadmills their franchisees had to purchase, like Marriott seems to have.

Again, fine hotel. Just not worth $200 a night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
FDavid_Michel, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Angelo, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Meredith R:
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Staybridge Suites San Angelo. I have shared your positive comments regarding both our rooms and facilities with our team. We want to insure that your stay is like a "home away from home".

Again, thank you for taking the time to comment. We truly do appreciate your business.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

The hotel was everything you would expect, polite staff, clean well stocked rooms, and a great breakfast. However, the price was double what we would normally pay for this type of room. We were told it was because of the oil boom in San Angelo, so do your planning before you arrive.

Stayed January 2014
FDavid_Michel, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Angelo, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Kasager;
Thank you for taking the time to review the Staybridge Suites - San Angelo. It is through positive comments such as yours that allow other guests to see how we can be your "home away from home'. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to serving your Lodging needs next time you are in town.
Thank you again.

David M.

Been to Staybridge Suites San Angelo? Share your experiences!