“Be Careful Reserving Here!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in San Angelo
Austin, Texas
“Be Careful Reserving Here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Hopefully this is an odd event but my wife and I just arrived after 5 hours in the car and were told by the front desk that they did not have me booked for a room. I asked if they would look up the reservation by CONFIRMATION NUMBER and they said "of course." They then told me that my reservation had been canceled and they moved me and the rest of my National Guard to another hotel (worse) about 10 miles away. I'm 56 and not quite National Guard material. I mentioned that I booked this online, individually, and paid $250.00. The response? "I'm sorry, my manager canceled it and I've tried to call her two times. I guess it was a mix up."

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
FDavid_Michel, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Angelo, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Mr. Greg R:
In reviewing your comments, it turns out that it was an extraordinary set of circumstances that led to your experience. It turn out there was another guest with your exact name, whose reservation was cancelled and moved to another property. I apologize for the inconvenience and ask that you contact me directly at the hotel, so that I can offer you a resolution that you will be happy with.
Thank you for taking the time to bring this issue to my attention, and I look forward to speaking with you so that I can personally apologize.
The Team and I are extremely sorry that this situation occurred, and look forward to better serving your future lodging needs.

David M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lemoore, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Recently stayed here for three nights on a business trip to San Angelo. The hotel staff was very professional and polite! The rooms were very clean and extremely comfortable, a plus to have a full feature kitchen in the room for the stay. Gym was clean and everything in working order. The breakfast buffet in the mornings was awesome, not your standard juice and bagel, but a full hot and cold breakfast with all the trimmings. Three nights a week they also offer a "Happy Hour" with free dinner snack foods as well as complimentary wine and beer, nice after a long day! Overall was very pleased with this hotel and will stay at it again if I come back to the area. Felt very comfortable here. Only negative thing, very expensive, but like another post said, with the out of town workers in the area needing a place to stay, supply and demand kicked in and has driven the prices up. Your even going to pay a lot at a place like Days Inn, but with this hotel, you get 3 star treatment, and two meals a day, so worth it in the end. Thanks, Eric H.

Room Tip: The bottom floors are concrete and the rest of the building is wood structure. If you are in a botto...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Mr. Eric H;
Thank you for taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor. It is through comments such as yours that allow us to better serve all our guests. I have shared your positive comments with our team, and we look forward to being your "home away from home" next time you are in San Angelo, Texas. As you noted, our pricing is comparable to our competitors, due to significant demand.
Again, thank you for your positive comments and we look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is your standard Staybridge. But with a CRAZY rate.

I abhor fracking (hydraulic fracturing). The environmental damage is horrifying, and the tap water isn't safe. But it's going on in this region. The men that work for the energy companies doing it take up a ton of hotel rooms, thus driving up demand. The hotels then price-gouge. This Staybridge is not above price gouging. And it is definitely NOT worth $200 a night. I had to get special permission from my state agency's commissioner to get the state to pay so far above the federal rate, just to stay here and conduct state business in the area.

That said, everything was comfortable.

The room itself is your basic extended stay room. It was smaller than other Staybridges I've stayed at. But the full kitchen came in handy being a vegan in a town like San Angelo. I was especially happy to see a toaster. I was also happy to have a full size fridge so I could store the distilled water jug I bought. The internet was also adequate. And the bed was comfortable.

I also liked the fitness room. It was large and empty most nights. The treadmills sucked though. I wish IHG had standards about what kind of treadmills their franchisees had to purchase, like Marriott seems to have.

Again, fine hotel. Just not worth $200 a night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
FDavid_Michel, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Angelo, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Meredith R:
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Staybridge Suites San Angelo. I have shared your positive comments regarding both our rooms and facilities with our team. We want to insure that your stay is like a "home away from home".

Again, thank you for taking the time to comment. We truly do appreciate your business.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

The hotel was everything you would expect, polite staff, clean well stocked rooms, and a great breakfast. However, the price was double what we would normally pay for this type of room. We were told it was because of the oil boom in San Angelo, so do your planning before you arrive.

Stayed January 2014
FDavid_Michel, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Angelo, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Kasager;
Thank you for taking the time to review the Staybridge Suites - San Angelo. It is through positive comments such as yours that allow other guests to see how we can be your "home away from home'. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to serving your Lodging needs next time you are in town.
Thank you again.

Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I traveled to San Angelo on a business trip twice and stayed at this hotel for one week each time. The stay was pleasant each time. The rooms are spacious and well maintained. I never used any other amenities like Gym, swimming pool or the laundry, so i can't comment on that. The continental breakfast was adequate. There are also snacks/drinks some evenings of the week by the hotel, which was a good addition. Overall it was a good stay each time and money well spent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear FAJ2012;
Thank you for taking the time to review the Staybridge Suites San Angelo. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back to your "home away from home' next time you are in San Angelo.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I recently booked at the Staybridge-San Angelo, because the HI Express was sold out. The location is good. Staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. (They have a neat "prize wheel" that platinum IHG members get to spin upon check-in, and I won 5000 points!) The daily hot breakfast was way above par. During the week (Tuesday through Thursday) they cook a hot dinner for the guests. I wasn't able to eat any of these dinners, but it's a real nice touch. The room I stayed in (Rm 133, I think) was a smaller than what I'm used to. I normally stay at HI Express / Holiday Inn, and I'm usually upgraded to a suite....so, it's probably an unfair comparison. They have free laundry machines, which is handy. The GM even sent an email a couple of days after check-out to make sure everything was good with my stay....not the standard email you receive from IHG after every checkout. All in all, I was very pleasantly surprised. This was the first Staybridge I've been to and, based on my experience in San Angelo, I would have no problem booking at Staybridge in the future. It's a shame that IHG doesn't award as many points for nights at Staybridge...if they did, I'd stay here every time I'm in San Angelo.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
FDavid_Michel, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Angelo, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Mr. South;
Thank you for taking the time to post a rating on TripAdvisor. It is through positive comments such as yours, that allows us to show future customers the services we provide. Again, thank you for your positive comments. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs when in San Angelo.
Manchester, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

When a person spends 200 days a year in hotels, one gets some perspective. My experience here was great. It may be a bit pricey, however, all the hotels in San Angelo the night I stayed here were pricey by comparison to other locations. It was just before school start and I imagine that was a factor.

I asked for an extra blanket and they brought one right up. I love having a kitchen and they are hard to come by. So, the kitchen is a huge plus for me. Everything was clean, staff was wonderful, bed was comfortable - and I'm VERY picky about beds. I would stay here again without question.

Also, before I even checked out I had a personal email from the hotel manager. That truly impressed me. This manager cares about the hotel and is trying to make things good for his customers.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
FDavid_Michel, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Angelo, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate the Staybridge Suites San Angelo. We truly appreciate your business and hope to serve your future lodging needs when in town. Again, thank you for your positive comments and your business.

Been to Staybridge Suites San Angelo? Share your experiences!