This is your standard Staybridge. But with a CRAZY rate.
I abhor fracking (hydraulic fracturing). The environmental damage is horrifying, and the tap water isn't safe. But it's going on in this region. The men that work for the energy companies doing it take up a ton of hotel rooms, thus driving up demand. The hotels then price-gouge. This Staybridge is not above price gouging. And it is definitely NOT worth $200 a night. I had to get special permission from my state agency's commissioner to get the state to pay so far above the federal rate, just to stay here and conduct state business in the area.
That said, everything was comfortable.
The room itself is your basic extended stay room. It was smaller than other Staybridges I've stayed at. But the full kitchen came in handy being a vegan in a town like San Angelo. I was especially happy to see a toaster. I was also happy to have a full size fridge so I could store the distilled water jug I bought. The internet was also adequate. And the bed was comfortable.
I also liked the fitness room. It was large and empty most nights. The treadmills sucked though. I wish IHG had standards about what kind of treadmills their franchisees had to purchase, like Marriott seems to have.
Again, fine hotel. Just not worth $200 a night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extended Stay San Angelo Hotel Offers Guests a Comfortable Place to Rest Ideally situated near Mathis Field Regional Airport and Goodfellow Air Force Base, Staybridge Suites San Angelo provides guests with upscale,extended stay accommodations in close proximity to San Angelo TX's most exciting attractions and prominent businesses. Guests of our pet friendly San Angelo lodgings enjoy easy access to Angelo State University,Fort Concho and historic,downtown San Angelo. Shopping at Sunset Mall and outdoor recreation at San Angelo State Park can be found less than three miles away.Minor League baseball games at Colts Stadium are just next door. While lodging in San Angelo,business travelers appreciate our accommodations near Sitel and Ethicon Corporations. 900 sq.ft. of meeting space, free high-speed Internet access and a 24-hour business center are available to meet our guests' professional needs. Our smoke free San Angelo hotel conveniently offers extended stay suites with full-service kitchens and a complimentary laundry facility. An outdoor pool and whirlpool, a barbecue grilling patio and a well-equipped fitness center are available for your benefit. In the morning, be sure to visit our free, daily breakfast buffet, and in the evening, join us in the great room for complimentary beverages and appetizers. As you plan your trip, please explore our exceptional San Angelo hotel rates and make your reservations with us today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites San Angelo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites San Angelo Hotel San Angelo
- San Angelo Staybridge Suites