“$200 a night? Really?” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in San Angelo
Austin, Texas
“$200 a night? Really?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is your standard Staybridge. But with a CRAZY rate.

I abhor fracking (hydraulic fracturing). The environmental damage is horrifying, and the tap water isn't safe. But it's going on in this region. The men that work for the energy companies doing it take up a ton of hotel rooms, thus driving up demand. The hotels then price-gouge. This Staybridge is not above price gouging. And it is definitely NOT worth $200 a night. I had to get special permission from my state agency's commissioner to get the state to pay so far above the federal rate, just to stay here and conduct state business in the area.

That said, everything was comfortable.

The room itself is your basic extended stay room. It was smaller than other Staybridges I've stayed at. But the full kitchen came in handy being a vegan in a town like San Angelo. I was especially happy to see a toaster. I was also happy to have a full size fridge so I could store the distilled water jug I bought. The internet was also adequate. And the bed was comfortable.

I also liked the fitness room. It was large and empty most nights. The treadmills sucked though. I wish IHG had standards about what kind of treadmills their franchisees had to purchase, like Marriott seems to have.

Again, fine hotel. Just not worth $200 a night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
FDavid_Michel, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Angelo, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Meredith R:
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Staybridge Suites San Angelo. I have shared your positive comments regarding both our rooms and facilities with our team. We want to insure that your stay is like a "home away from home".

Again, thank you for taking the time to comment. We truly do appreciate your business.

David M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

The hotel was everything you would expect, polite staff, clean well stocked rooms, and a great breakfast. However, the price was double what we would normally pay for this type of room. We were told it was because of the oil boom in San Angelo, so do your planning before you arrive.

Stayed January 2014
FDavid_Michel, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Angelo, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Kasager;
Thank you for taking the time to review the Staybridge Suites - San Angelo. It is through positive comments such as yours that allow other guests to see how we can be your "home away from home'. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to serving your Lodging needs next time you are in town.
Thank you again.

Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I traveled to San Angelo on a business trip twice and stayed at this hotel for one week each time. The stay was pleasant each time. The rooms are spacious and well maintained. I never used any other amenities like Gym, swimming pool or the laundry, so i can't comment on that. The continental breakfast was adequate. There are also snacks/drinks some evenings of the week by the hotel, which was a good addition. Overall it was a good stay each time and money well spent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear FAJ2012;
Thank you for taking the time to review the Staybridge Suites San Angelo. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back to your "home away from home' next time you are in San Angelo.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I recently booked at the Staybridge-San Angelo, because the HI Express was sold out. The location is good. Staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. (They have a neat "prize wheel" that platinum IHG members get to spin upon check-in, and I won 5000 points!) The daily hot breakfast was way above par. During the week (Tuesday through Thursday) they cook a hot dinner for the guests. I wasn't able to eat any of these dinners, but it's a real nice touch. The room I stayed in (Rm 133, I think) was a smaller than what I'm used to. I normally stay at HI Express / Holiday Inn, and I'm usually upgraded to a suite....so, it's probably an unfair comparison. They have free laundry machines, which is handy. The GM even sent an email a couple of days after check-out to make sure everything was good with my stay....not the standard email you receive from IHG after every checkout. All in all, I was very pleasantly surprised. This was the first Staybridge I've been to and, based on my experience in San Angelo, I would have no problem booking at Staybridge in the future. It's a shame that IHG doesn't award as many points for nights at Staybridge...if they did, I'd stay here every time I'm in San Angelo.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
FDavid_Michel, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Angelo, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Mr. South;
Thank you for taking the time to post a rating on TripAdvisor. It is through positive comments such as yours, that allows us to show future customers the services we provide. Again, thank you for your positive comments. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs when in San Angelo.
Manchester, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

When a person spends 200 days a year in hotels, one gets some perspective. My experience here was great. It may be a bit pricey, however, all the hotels in San Angelo the night I stayed here were pricey by comparison to other locations. It was just before school start and I imagine that was a factor.

I asked for an extra blanket and they brought one right up. I love having a kitchen and they are hard to come by. So, the kitchen is a huge plus for me. Everything was clean, staff was wonderful, bed was comfortable - and I'm VERY picky about beds. I would stay here again without question.

Also, before I even checked out I had a personal email from the hotel manager. That truly impressed me. This manager cares about the hotel and is trying to make things good for his customers.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
FDavid_Michel, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Angelo, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate the Staybridge Suites San Angelo. We truly appreciate your business and hope to serve your future lodging needs when in town. Again, thank you for your positive comments and your business.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was very please wih this hotel. I have stayed in many different hotels in the San Angelo area and this one ranked heads above the others. It is a great location being closed to shops and restaurants. Very clean, bed was extremely comfortable, nice pool and hot tub area. The kitchenette was a nice surprise and was stocked with all necessities. Breakfast bar was great with many selections to choose from. Will definitely stay here again when I return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
FDavid_Michel, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Angelo, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind posting. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you next time you are in San Angelo. Again, thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
Dover, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Family of 7 stayed for 3 nights. It was very clean. Pool and hot tub were clean and enjoyable. Room service was great
free laundry use. Provide your own soap. Free breakfast bar and on Tuesday -Thursday you get free dinner
With wine and beer on tap. We enjoyed our stay buy found it to be expensive .

• Stayed July 2013
FDavid_Michel, Manager at Staybridge Suites San Angelo, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Staybridge Suites San Angelo Texas. We thank you for your patronage and hope to see you again soon. We truly appreciate your business.

Been to Staybridge Suites San Angelo? Share your experiences!