“Don't Judge Based on Appearance” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #61 of 177 Restaurants in San Angelo
Cuisines: American
Corpus Christi
“Don't Judge Based on Appearance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We passed through San Angelo on Sunday and stopped here for a late lunch based on a quick look through Urbanspoon rankings. The restaurant apparently just moved locations and the new place is not too inviting from the outside but don't let that stop you from giving this place a try. We had a chicken strip basket and steak finger basket which we shared and both entrees were surprisingly good. The steak fingers in particular were hand breaded and the french fries were the crinkle cut variety. They make their own secret "fry sauce" which is very tasty and we were unable to figure out the ingredients. Friendly service, reasonable prices and good food...what more could you want?

• Visited July 2014

San Angelo, Texas
“Now Located at 1205 N. Chadbourne”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is the second day...for the re-opening of D-Rays...I spoke with the owner Mr. Medina and he said they are trying to get every kink worked out. The staff was exceptional and I showed up late. 9:15pm and they closed at 10:00pm. I really thought they were on the ball at the new location, I would highly recommend this new place as it is a great deal more temperature controlled than the old building on S. Chadbourne. I always like charcoal house but I really am pleased, with Mr. Medina's attitude and caring he shows to his customers.

I would highly Recommend D-Rays as it is not a chain restaurant and the people seem to Care!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Tasty Burgers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I went with a friend of mine who highly recommended this place and it lived up to her praise. The burger was excellent and the onion rings were top notch as well. Service was fast and friendly.

• Visited May 2014
“Good Burger///BETTER STAFF”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I would like to commend this place for being quick on the order and also very flavorful.

I miss Charcoal House but this is a great place that both the wife and I can agree on.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK....it will pay off. I thank you for the food and customer service.

TLF

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“The food is good and tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We eat here every chance we can. My Grandaughter loves their chili burgers. The decor is back in the day when soda shops were around. The customer service is outstanding and friendly. Drop in and try their burgers and fries.

• Visited October 2012