You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Angelo to your Saves list
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in San Angelo
Odessa
“Loud”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed on the first floor. It was so loud. Was awoken at 2:45am by people yelling and arguing in the hall. Had to call front desk. Was awoken the next morning around 7:30a due to loud guests. If we ever stay there again, we will most definitely request a room not on the first floor. The room also had a bad odor like someone had been smoking in there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was apprehensive about staying here, based on some of the other reviews. Maybe I was just lucky, but I had no problems with my stay. I booked this hotel because of its price ($107 per night with the Government/Military discount, much cheaper than the alternatives that were available to me for that time period) and because of its proximity to the high school where my kid's swim team was competing. My room was not luxurious, but it was clean and functional. I arrived very late at night after a long drive, but the person who checked me in was cheerful and welcoming. By sheer good fortune, my first morning there marked the debut of their hot breakfast: Texas-shaped make-them-yourself waffles, sausage and biscuits, and the usual toast, bagels, yogurt, cereal, juice and coffee. It wasn't an Embassy Suites breakfast, but it got the job done. A customer service supervisor named Desiree came over after my breakfast and inquired as to whether I liked the hot breakfast. I did. Would I stay here again? Sure, especially if the savings next time are as substantial compared to the Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn (each over $200 per night) as they were this time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Placerville, Ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel needs a new Manager and staff.

Upon arrival, we were told that they had no evidence of our reservations (made months in advance) and no rooms were available. How nice. Lucky for us that we are very organized and when we produced physical documentation of our original reservation, only then did the Manager find that an "unknown employee" had cancelled our reservations for "unknown reasons." Two rooms then magically appeared (even though none were previously available.) How does that happen?

This hotel is dirty. The exterior entryway was dominated by two full garbage cans with cigarette butt holders on their tops. (Very inappropriate for an entryway.) They were full and smelled bad. The lobby was dirty. The walls were scuffed and the floors needed mopping. The breakfast area was dirty and a cabinet door was broken and hanging loose. A garbage can in the area was full and overflowing. Guests piled their plates and cups on the floor beneath it. It stayed that way during our two-day visit.

All of the interior hallway walls were marked and scuffed. The elevator floor was filthy with evidence of spilled liquids and stains. There was a half eaten apple in a corner that stayed there during our two-day stay. All of the floors needed vacuuming. The woodwork was dingy. The wall outside of our room showed evidence of someone either spitting on it or tossing a liquid on it which ran down the wall onto the floor.

Our room appeared clean but, the walls, woodwork, furniture and appointments showed scuffing and poor maintenance. The shower rod was broken and hanging at an odd angle. The carpet outside the bathroom was badly stained. Several interior lights did not work. The bedside clock was unplugged. When I attempted to plug it in, the entire electrical outlet collapsed back into the wall. When another member of our party checked into an adjacent room, they found one bed made up and the other with dirty sheets stacked on it.

Each morning when we came down for breakfast, we found that area to be poorly maintained. Full garbage cans every day and dirty floors. The cherry on top was when we came down at 6:30am to find the desk clerk asleep and snoring at the check-in counter. (I am not making this up.)

Any hotel that asks $200 a night for a room had better be 'tops' in my book. This place was WAY overpriced for its location and, worse yet, for it's presentation. I will never stay at another Microtel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Angelo? Share your experiences!