“Get what you pay for....and no bed bugs” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2502 W. Loop 306, San Angelo, TX 76904 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in San Angelo
San Antonio, Texas
“Get what you pay for....and no bed bugs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

My husband and I needed a place to stay for two nights on our way out of San Angelo. We had a pet so this is one of the few places in town that accept animals (the other one in town has lots of reviews for bed bugs). I think we paid something like $70 a night for a non smoking king size bed. The AC in the room was great and the room was a little run down. It was clean just not up to date. The only problem we had was on the second night we were there, water started coming down from the ceiling from the unit above us. When it started to gush like a pipe was about to burst my husband went to the office to tell them about the situation. The front desk told him "Oh, it happens. It will stop when they are done taking a shower" In the meantime, the carpet by the bathroom was soaked. We got a new room that was non-smoking but reeked of smoke. it was an ok stay but....you get what you pay for :) Cheap!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Austin, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2008

The room was not worth $100. Nothing terribly bad, just kind of low quality all around, and most of the staff seemed clueless. When I checked in, the woman at the front desk kept answering the phone and talking to people while processing my transaction. And it wasn't like, "Rodeway Inn, please hold." It was like taking extended calls from customers while leaving her immediate concern (me) standing there gradually losing patience. And because I had reserved through a website, she didn't know if my card had been charged already and said she wasn't sure if she could find out that information. So she went ahead and swiped my card anyway. Thanks! Fortunately, the woman the next morning assured me my card wouldn't be charged twice.

The continental breakfast was above average, and the wireless internet worked well. But the room, while spacious I guess (it is in the middle of nowhere West Texas, so how cramped could it be?) was just kind of mediocre, what you'd expect in a budget motel.

The motel is located close to the highway looop 306 (right off it, actually), so don't expect to go walking to any amenities. And it's not that close to downtown compared to other motels. Expect a 10 minute drive to get to the center of the city.

All in all, I would consider staying here again if it were half the price and I needed a budget motel. Otherwise, don't waste your money. It's freaking middle-of-nowhere San Angelo! How can they get away with charging $100?

• Liked — Wireless interent, continental breakfast
  • Disliked — Price, customer service, quality of room amenities
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2008

I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. Starting with being double charged, from both hotels.com and comfort inn, my trip got off to a bad start. Then when we walked into the room, it looked as if it hadn't been cleaned. There was hard, dried shredded cheese on the floor, looked as if no one had bothered to run a vacuum on it after several stays. I had to pull a HUGE hair ball of long black hair (I have short, brown hair, so it definitely wasn't mine!) out of the bathtub to take my shower. The breakfast was less than appetizing, the hard boiled eggs looked as if they had been boiled last Easter and set out the morning I stayed there. The front desk staff were not helpful in taking care of the double billing issue I mentioned earlier. I reserved this hotel to be able to attend my great-grandmother's funeral, and wish I would've waited upon arriving in San Angelo to stay at the Comfort Suites with the rest of the family. I am very disappointed and will not be staying at this hotel chain ever again.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The dirtiness of the entire hotel, and the terrible staff service.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2007

This place is definitely not worth the money. My family took one look at the very spacious rooms and ran away very fast! They made us wait until 3:30pm to check in. When we arrived to the room after a very long day of traveling, the room stank like smoke and mold even though it was supposed to be a non smoking room. I lifted up the bed sheets to check for bed bugs on the box springs directly under the pillow and found bed bugs. I wrapped one up in a Kleenex and took it to the front desk and asked for a full refund. The desk clerk refunded my money and threw the napkin in the trash. End of story.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2005

I prefer rooms with central air/heat, not wall mounted units and TVs in cabinets and a frig and microwave. We had to stay here due to an illness in a family member and other family members were staying at the hotel also. One of our family members needed a frig in her room for her medications and was told by the front desk the maintainance man had gone home for the night. My husband had to move our refrigerator from our room to theirs. The grounds were well maintained and roses were blooming and smelled wonderful. Continental breakfast was disappointing to my daughter as there was only one kind of bagel and not the kind she preferred naturally. I would stay there again if I had to but prefer rooms as stated above. Security is very good.

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!