“Excellent hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2502 W. Loop 306, San Angelo, TX 76904 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in San Angelo
Gallatin, Tennessee, United States
“Excellent hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Had a king room which has been renovated and was simply fabulous. Nice large room, comfy bed, new furniture. Just a lovely place to stay. The grounds were laid out very nicely with wonderful landscaping. Hotel staff was very warm and friendly. Unfortunately, the entire area is very pricey, but this is a good choice if you want quality accommodations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob B, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for your Awesome Review. I am happy that you got to experience one of our renovated rooms and that you enjoyed the upgrades we hahave made. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

If you are okay with rooms that smell like cigarette smoke and mold, outdated furniture and fixtures, lack of cleanliness, questionable safety, an air conditioner that may or may not work, and poor management, this place is for you. Otherwise, spend the extra money and stay at one of the many other excellent establishments in San Angelo. Trust me, it's worth it.

Let me describe our experience: First, all the room doors are exposed to the outside, which creates a safety and noise issue. The first room we were offered reeked of cigarette smoke. We asked for a different room. The second room's card reader sometimes worked, and also smelled horrible. By evening, the place was full of rough looking rig workers, many of whom probably got drunk at the attached lounge and as a result, loud and obnoxious. This did not lend the place any additional sense of safety. Also, there are a lot of staircases and dark corners at this place. Definitely not family friendly or for women traveling alone. Long story short, we decided we could not stay the night at the Rodeway Inn and looked elsewhere. We ultimately stayed one night at the Staybride Inn, and another at the Comfort Inn, both of which looked like paradise in comparison. We were not refunded the money for our first night, even though we stayed in the room for probably 10 minute and complained to management. We are still working on receiving a refund, but management is conveniently "not available" when called. AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE--THERE ARE MANY OTHER HOTELS IN SAN ANGELO.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Bob B, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
SOFIE,
I have read your review and I need to let you know that our property is a well lit exterior property. There are no dark corners as you suggest. As for the outdated furniture, we are currently in the process of renovation at the property. You are able to see the renovated rooms on our website. We do offer smoking rooms at our hotel and we constantly place an onzone machine in the rooms as well as clean the carpet to reduce the odor from the cigarettes not only in the smoking room but the rooms above them too. As for your comment about drunk rig workers, we currently do not have any rig worker staying at the hotel and the lounge has been closed for the last 6 month's.. All the air conditioners are in good working condition and will be replaced with new units as the room is renovated. We strive to deliver the best lodging experience to all our guest. As for refund you booked through a third party website and paid then, therefore the refund would need to come from the website you book your reservation. I came by your room to speak to you but you were not there and upon my arrival back to the office I was informed you had checked out.
Georgetown, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Was expecting at least an average room and experience for the amount charged for the room but was sadly disappointed. The furniture was dated and very worn, bathroom sink was clogged, mold around the bathtub, a/c was noisy and did not adequately cool the room and the towels were so cheap that I was covered with white lint after use. Will not be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Campbell Hall, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Once we checked in realized second floor room was inaccessible for my sister-in-law that is on crutches. One call to hotels.com cancelled my previous reservation and allowed clerk to book first floor deluxe room for same price. Extra effort was not only necessary but greatly appreciated!

Room Tip: I booked online and when I checked in realized second floor room would not work for my sister-in-law...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Doniphan, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I made a reservation at this hotel, then cancelled 2 days prior to the day of check-in. I tried to cancel my reservation online, then after being unsuccessful I called the hotel directly. The lady I spoke with said she could not find my reservation & that it must have already been cancelled. Subsequently a charge of $86.39 showed up on my card. I called & spoke with the manager who told me there was nothing they could do. So, because of an employee error, I am the one who has to pay. Can you say INCOMPETENT?

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all. Pay with cash if you do.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Fredericksburg, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We've stayed here before, but feel that the hotel is becoming more tired. We had two damaged lamps in our bedroom and one didn't even work -- hotel staff should have discovered that themselves, not us. The breakfast selection was pretty limited and there weren't enough tables for everyone to sit down. The price is good, but they need to improve some things before we'll return.

Room Tip: It's quieter in the back of the complex.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This was the third time staying at the Inn. The office and housekeeping staff can't do enough to accomodate. The rooms are clean and fairly quiet. The old room a/c strained to cool things off in the Aug Texas heat, but it got the job done. Typical breakfast fare. Good pricing. We'll stay there again next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!