“Quiet get a way” 5 of 5 stars
Review of StoneCreek Settlement Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salado
StoneCreek Settlement Bed and Breakfast
You added StoneCreek Settlement Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
714 College Hill, Salado, TX 76571   |
Ranked #7 of 13 Salado B&B and Inns
Texas
“Quiet get a way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The folks at Stone Creek Settlement were very easy to book and work with. We stayed at the Salado House, there is a quaint pond with a waterfall right at your feet. There are 7 different cottages to choose from on the propert. Some are one bedroom, but there are larger ones to stay in if you are taking family or friends. The accommodations were excellent, the grounds were well kept and the place was very safe and clean inside. What more do you need, besides having a bunch of cool shoppes to visit and a skydiving location very close? We normally choose to stay at different places when we vacation, but there is no need to stay somewhere else when we return to Salado in October. We will see you again, actually...we have already booked!

Room Tip: Pick a cottage that has the corner tub...there's room for two ;) The Salado House is just one o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
artistSaladotx_, Owner at StoneCreek Settlement Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
The most common word describing Stonecreek is peaceful. So glad you had a quite get-a-way. Jill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Leander, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed the first time here after I proposed to her two years ago. On Sunday, March 3rd, 2013 exactly two years from the date, we stayed here again. There was a slight problem initially when we arrived but after calling Jill (she was out of town and still answered), she ensured everything was fixed within 15 minutes. We realize things do happen on occasion that are outside our control, but most important it's how you fix them. Jill was excellent and her passion for this B&B can be clearly heard in her voice, and saw in how well they have taken care of and built the B&B cottages. WE LOVE STONECREEK and plan to visit it more over the next year. It's not only a romantic place for lovers, but I can see it being a great place for family reunions and women retreats. The breakfast is excellent and the wine we had was great tasting. We just can't get over how beautifully decorated the cottages are. I think we will start trying others now that we've peeked into them all before leaving this last time. Our special cottage is The Jefferson. Jill and Johnny you have found your talent and we're so fortunate to have benefited from it. So glad we found you. Mark and Shane Casey.

Room Tip: Try them all as they all our uniquely decorated.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
artistSaladotx_, Owner at StoneCreek Settlement Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thanks so much for your wonderful attitude. Looking forward to your next visit. Jill
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My and I wanted a weekend away from the kids to spend quality time lounging around with each other. This is exactly what we got. Owner of StoneCreek was exceptionally helpful. I called ahead to create an agenda for the weekend. She helped me surprise my wife with a lightly scheduled weekend of eating and gallerias. All her recommendations were valuable.

I love the little houses on the property. They were totally my style, simple and nice. The grounds follow the same description - simple and nice. I did not want to stay in a big house with a bunch of other people right next door. The separate, little houses were perfect.

Breakfast was prepared for us the day before. When you wake up, you brew some how coffee, pour some juice from the fridge, heat your quiche, and enjoy some fruit. I thought the quiche was very tasty.

My only complaint is the road noise from I35. You do not really notice it during the day; however, in the dead of night, it is present. There was I35 construction during our stay, which I am sure contributed to the noise.

Thanks to Jill and the crew for a great weekend!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
So glad you found us. Thanks for your review. Jill
Cleburne, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on 10-16-12 through 10-18-12. The grounds are beautiful and the place shows very "Home and Garden" like from the outside but that is where the quality becomes very questionable. We first started to sit in the swings in the covered sitting area that you first see on their website. There were numerous cigarette butts under my feet which made it gross as they were turning yellow which means they had been there for a while, and the rose type bushes were overgrown everywhere from the swings to the parking lot. At this point we started to become suspicious. I am not trying to be picky but the bushes are in desperate need of trimming all over the grounds. Then the owner met us (she is a very nice person) and took us to our cabin. After bringing in our luggage we were attacked by mosquitoes. When asked for something to contain them she told us to use the can of "Off" outdoor mosquito spray that was sitting on the porch. She told us that should do the trick. ( it didn't which made it hard to stay indoors too long) She brought food down to our two story cabin for our breakfast the next morning. I mentioned that somebody had left some Smirnoff bottled drinks in the fridge and she said "oh my" and never took it out. Plus there were other items in the fridge that were left behind. There was also a carafe of orange juice for our breakfast the next morning that I assume was leftover from a previous guest. ( we did not touch it) The top half was almost clear and the bottom half was orange. . ( the extremely nice handyman / room cleaner, Antonio, took these items but left the old orange juice so we had two different carafes for breakfast the next day to pick from.).. The next day when we went downstairs for our meal, my wife bit into a strawberry and felt something on the bottom of it and turned it over and it was extremely moldy. ( I took pictures) the rest of the strawberries were also covered with mold. This made my wife sick to her stomach. I bit into the biscuit on the bread plate and it was not fresh and tasted like rubber. We got dressed and went into town to eat. That afternoon when we got back, the handyman was cleaning the room and we told him about the fruit. ( the bowl had been removed) and asked him to tell the owner and the we never heard from her again. The next morning we opened up the fruit bowl and the grapes were black and sitting in mold!! ( Yes, I have pictures) Then there is the question of the large shower upstairs. In three days, we could not get a drop of hot water in the shower. I let it run for 5-10 minutes each of the three days and it never got even close to warm. The hot tub downstairs also has issues. My wife was filling it up so she could take a nice long bath and the hot water gave out after it was less than half full. After my wife got out, I got in her bath water so that I could bathe. As I said, I made the handyman/ maid aware of issues and never heard from anyone. The 11 inch TV barely worked and had 3 or 4 channels and the Wifi finally got up and running after I advised her on how to fix the router. The signal strength was poor at all times. Lastly, there was the "community" shampoo. In every hotel and bed and breakfast I have spent time in, there were always an assortment of small shampoo, body gel,lotion,etc. in small single use bottles. In the tub and the separate shower, each had it's own bottle of half full "economy size...32 ounce shampoo , and a large bottle of body wash. Every resident, I assume, is expected to use this same large bottle until it is gone, and then they will replace it, I assume with another 32 ounce bottle for all guests to share.
We will absolutely not be coming back. This bed and breakfast has the potential to blow the other bed and breakfasts away. But nobody is paying attention to details and you need to provide certain basic services. My wife texted the owner on her cell phone two times and explained a couple of things as we wanted to give her an opportunity to hear our concerns. Sadly she never responded. Salado is a beautiful, quaint, but small town. For $160.00 a night we expected a little more class. . .

Room Tip: Stay away if you want to be pampered a bit and expect basic items you would find in a ramada, Motel...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cedar Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Me and my hubby went here for a bit of r and r from work. This place offered the perfect respite from the everyday hustle and bustle. The little cabin we stayed in had a hot tub in the corner, and fireplace. It was romantic and peaceful! The breakfast was out of this world! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed in an adorable little cabin on a Saturday and Sunday night. It had a spa tub, microwave, little fridge, small TV (only a few channels and no cable). The delicious breakfast was brought over and put in the refrigerator the day before and all we had to do was heat it up the next morning when we were ready to eat. That was great because we could sleep as late as we wished.

There were several quaint cabins scattered around the property. The gardens were rustic and charming with a winding path throughout. You never knew what delightful garden, bench swing, hammock or pond would be around the next bend of the path. My husband and I enjoyed following the paths as they wound around the property as we admired the native plants and antiques placed here and there.

Each cabin was different and unique. On Sunday night we were the only people there so it was very quiet. Unfortunately we could hear the traffic noise from I35. Also, we could not connect to WiFi even though we were told it was available. Cell phone service was spotty. We spent the weekend "unplugged" which was actually not a bad thing.

As for the town of Salado, there is not much to do there once you've seen all the shops. Some of them have closed as the town is struggling with the poor economy. The Stagecoach is a good place for lunch and dinner. The food portions were huge and dinner comes with an appetizer, salad, entree and dessert. We split one order and it was plenty for both of us.

There are lots of antique and gift shops but not much else in town.

Room Tip: The Treehouse room is very small and may feel claustrophobic to some. It is the cheapest room. A c...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

Salado is a sleepy little town right off I35. Having a "girls weekend getaway" was a really good choice. There are lots of shops and the traffic is sparse enough you don't feel in a hurry to find something. It was easy to park and walk in some places and the weather was wonderful. You will need to think about where you would like to have dinner as the town closes down pretty early each night. If where you're staying does not offer dinner, look around before hand and know where you are headed that evening. Salado even has a small winery where they have a local band playing. All in all it was a fun place to meet up with friends and share a couple of days!

Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Been to StoneCreek Settlement Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!