“It was an ok stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Salado
Houston, Texas
“It was an ok stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed here with a group overnight. It was traffic going north so we had to travel 10 miles to jarrell for food because of construction and accidents. Often there was no one at the front desk. Room was clean and nice with flat screen, microwave, and refrigerator. Breakfast was very limited and ok. Only good for one night stay.

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

My first stay at the Best Western Plus in Salado, traveling between San Antonio and Dallas. I had made a reservation the day before and I received a friendly greeting from Rick at the front desk and was checked in quickly. My room was large, with twin queen beds, frig, microwave, coffee maker, etc. and a nice flat screen TV with large number of channels including music. The bed was very comfortable [I overslept the next morning] and had comfortable, soft pillows. The room also contained a nice desk and chair and two side chairs. Bathroom was large and very clean w/ inside sink and nice shower. Although located conveniently on I-35, my room was located 1/2 way back from the street, on the south side of the building, and was surprisingly quiet. Rick suggested a great place to eat [Johnny's Steaks and BBQ] and I noticed a number of fast food places nearby. The very friendly staff, clean, quiet room, and comfortable bed made this a great visit. I'll be back..

Room Tip: Rooms on south side and back from highway are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Keller, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

I couldn't decide to stay at the Holiday Inn or Best Western. Since we were only going to be there to sleep, I decide to go with Best Western because it was cheaper.

The room was clean and the hotel had very friendly staff. Beds were very comfortable. Yes there as road noise, but not enough to keep me awake. As far as room color, it grows on yo after awhile. Didn't get up in enough time for breakfast.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

There was a family wedding in Salado, Texas and most of the family stayed here. The location was perfect and the hotel was very clean. The front desk personnel were very helpful and the breakfast had a little bit of everything. I highly recommend this as a great place to stay when visiting Salado. Price was very reasonable.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
bwtony, General Manager at Salado Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Thank You, for a GREAT review. I am glade that we meet your need at our hotel. Again, Thank You so much and we will be glade to serve you again when visiting Salado,Tx.
Richmond, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I was there for my nephew's wedding. We had a large amount of family and the hotel staff were so nice and accommodating. We wanted somewhere to gather together after the wedding and the owner let us use the unbooked conference room. Nice, clean, safe facility and very comfortable beds! Thank you for making this a memorable trip!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
bwtony, General Manager at Salado Inn, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Thank you, so much for a great review. We hope you will come and see us again. We enjoy having your family at our hotel. It was a pleasure serving you family.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

This hotel is owned by a very experienced gentleman, Tony. The rooms are exceptionally clean and well appointed. The breakfast was better than at home, I didn't have to cook! Tony is very cordial and professional. My husband and I enjoyed the 4 day stay and will most definitely return.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
bwtony, General Manager at Salado Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2011
Thank You, very much for a excellent review. We hope to see you on your next visit to Saladdo,TX. Guest like you make our hotel different for the hard work that we do.
Beggs, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

If you are looking for a good place to in Sslado TX, make it the Best western. The staff there, and the morning chow are great.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
bwtony, Manager at Salado Inn, responded to this review, June 12, 2011
Thank You, for your response. We will see you next time when you visit Salado again.

Been to Salado Inn? Share your experiences!