“Country Charm, Lovely Hosts and more” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yellow House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salado
Yellow House Bed and Breakfast
You added Yellow House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
2290 FM 2268, Salado, TX 76571   |
Ranked #1 of 13 Salado B&B and Inns
Texas
“Country Charm, Lovely Hosts and more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2008

Cathy & Brian Harris are amazing hosts.
A group of nine of the ladies in my family stayed here last weekend for our annual 'Girls Retreat'. Cathy went out of her way to make us comfortable and we were incredibly comfortable. We rented out all of her rooms and we got a little loud (laughing, dancing, playing) - but somehow we didn't scare them off. ;-)

Brian lit the fire pit for us one evening and we sat around the fire in the courtyard talking for hours. He even brought out his telescope and let some of the ladies take a gander at the heavens. The sky was full of vivid stars. It was amazing.

The breakfasts were fantastic with a breakfast quiche, flaky biscuits, fresh fruit and the most amazing bacon the first morning and thick slices of homemade french toast with fresh strawberries, banana, pineapple and cream the next. There was freshly sqeezed OJ and their very own honey from their very own bees each morning.

This could definetely make a most romantic weekend getaway or a perfect setting for a small family reunion. The five acres are beautiful with little clearings where you can read a book or pretty little paths to hike. The trees were changing when we were there and it only added to the beauty of the place.

Would I recommend the Yellow House B&B to friends? Most definetely! In fact, I would love to go back again myself.

PS
I didn't even touch on the incredibly cute country decor... My mom & I stayed in the Stars and Hearts room. Our beds were so comfortable we never wanted to get out of them. Nice hot showers and every amenity. The porch was a great gathering place but we also liked the living room. The painted wood floors are just beautiful... The dining room was adorable too - so sunny and inviting. I wish my house were this cute - I'd never leave...

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — That we had to go home....
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kerrville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

Yellow House B & B is a real gem in Salado, Texas. This was my first trip to Salado and first time at the Yellow House. I was more than impressed with both Salado and this B & B. Innkeepers Cathy and Dennis have gone that extra mile to make certain their guests have the best of everything and it shows!

We stayed in the Primrose room for 2 nights and it was better than I had ever expected. First class linens, towels, furnishings, decor and absolutely spotless as was every room in this B & B. I checked them all out!

Breakfast was delicious. First morning we had fresh fruit, a generous portion of French Toast with an apple/cinnamon topping that was to die for and bacon on the side. Second morning was a tasty breakfast quiche, homemade biscuits and the Yellow House's honey from their very own beehives. What a treat that was.

There is always soft drinks, snacks, candy, teas and gourmet coffees to enjoy any time of the day or night. Cathy makes her yummy home made cookies for everyone to enjoy in the afternoons.

I cannot say enough good things about this B & B or Innkeepers Cathy and Brian. They make you feel like they have known you forever and that you are part of their home from the beginning.

We are going back in October and I cannot wait.

• Liked — It was immaculate!
  • Disliked — Not one thing...
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Austin Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2008

I loved how the house was decorated, the colors were matched perfectly. Everything was clean and fresh. I only stayed for one night but wished I could have stayed a second. Breakfast and snacks were excellent. The Host's could not have been more accommodating, anything you needed they were more than happy to get for you. Definitely the most enjoyable B&B I have ever been to.

JL Austin Texas

• Liked — Quiet and peaceful country atmosphere.
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2008

The Yellow House was absolutely wonderful, very clean, beautiful and convenient.

The room I shared was huge and decorated so precious.

The B&B is very convenient to downtown Salado, but was so much better than staying downtown. It was so peaceful and the view was just beautiful. Had a covered porch complete with rocking chairs and a table and chairs...loved sitting out there and enjoying the quiet.

The homemade cookies were delicious and an added bonus to staying there. Also, the breakfast was absolutely wonderful...even had fresh honey from their bee hives.

Definintely will stay there again!

Alma Donaghe

Stayed January 2008
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2002

This conversion of a farmhouse to a bed & breakfast has resulted in a very charming and affordable place to stay just outside the village of Salado. Peaceful surroundings amid trees and farm animals make this an enjoyable stay.

Been to Yellow House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!