“Fabulous New Year's Eve” 5 of 5 stars

Inn on the Creek
4.0 of 5 Inn   |   602 Center Circle, Salado, TX 76571   |
Ranked #2 of 13 Salado B&B and Inns
Denver, CO
“Fabulous New Year's Eve”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

My wife and I recently revisited the romantic location of our marriage, some 10 years earlier. We had the "fine dining" experience for New Year's Eve and it was truly "fine"! A 4 course meal with good wines all the way along! And the accommodations? Also fabulous, of course! If you're in Central Texas with a weekend to spare, you've got to try the Inn on the Creek in Salado!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Keller, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

This was an excellent choice for our little getaway trip. Will and his staff are amazing! Our expectations were surpassed. The chef is exceptional. We pre-ordered a picnic basket, but this was so much more with great ambiance set near the creek side. We have our neighbor to thank for this wonderful and relaxing atmosphere for giving us the name of this B&B. The sheets are so luxurious that we will be ordering them for Christmas. We will definitely be back and I have let many of my friends know already what a wonderful time we had here.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Fowler room which overlooked the hammocks and you could see the creek. In the earl...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

The place is really pretty, love old houses that have been turned into B&B and they certainly spared no expense here. 130 year old homes, one is the main house, the other is the restaurant, and finally the one we stayed in is a two story home that was divided into several rooms. So quaint and so perfect for the village of Salado - a true artist colony. The Inn is decorated with local artists' paintings and glass work, beuatiful antiques, and is the perfect getaway from busy city life.
Can't say enough about Will! My son and I fell in love with him at first sight :) he is so nice and welcoming, and so accomodating our every wish, that I really can't wait to go back. The first thing that made me feel comfortable was even before we arrived: the confirmation email he sent, asking us a little about the reason for our visit, and how can they make it better, and then he replied and made some really good suggestions!
Even though the DFW metroplex suffered triple digits heat and humidity, Salado thankfully felt a lot cooler, and thanks to the fans and tons of shade we were able to sit on the porch and relax even in the middle of the day.
The food at Alexander's was good, and reasonablly priced. The bed was comfortable, the TV was easy to operate, the hot tub was great at midnight (you can use it at all hours of the day and night because it is away from the sleeping quarters) the view is fantastic (Salado creek), the music and light on the trees were a perfect companion to a cold drink on the porch and the hammocks were so inviting (but a little low to the ground...).
Went to Adeleade for lunch, didn't get a chance to go to Roy T's bakery, breakfast at the inn (included in the price) was good and beautifully presented (we had the baked omelet). Salado felt so safe to us that we walked back to the Inn at 1:00am after going to Salado Creek (Springhill?) restaurant - they have a bar, serve burgers and tacos, but they had a great band (every Friday and Saturday night).
Wish they had a pool, that would make it perfect...Oh, and they have a really nice gym!

Room Tip: Book rooms in the middle of the week. We stayed at the Aiken and it was great.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Although we had been to The Inn several times and found it wonderful each time, we had not planned to be there in June. But another trip - an important birthday celebratory trip - had to be cancelled at the last minute due to a broken ankle. My first thought was - We can go to The Inn, and they will take care of us there, even if being immobile is the only option. We were treated royally! I know you don't do room service, but in this instance you made sure we had wonderful meals and anything else we needed in our room and on our porch until we could both make it to the restaurant. You transformed what could have been an awful week into a time of rest and healing... and did it all with care and kind attention. Thank you, Will. We'll never forget this week. And we'll be back for more of your famous hospitality!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

This was our second time staying at the Inn. Fabulous breakfast, beautiful presentation , antique filled with various rooms both upstairs and down. We stayed in Rose room which is a queen downstairs. 5 star luxury. We loved Tony who was taking care of the Inn while the Innkeepers were away ... We enjoyed the jacuzzi under a beautiful patio facing the creek under the moonlight and romantic music . The place is under a little
Construction and was affected by several floods . We also arrived on Sunday and Monday so both the restaurant and cocktail lounge upstairs that is newly
Added were closed. We felt extremely pampered and will be back here again and again!

• Stayed July 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011 via mobile

I have been visiting Inn on the Creek more than 15 years running. When I learned it was under new management on my previous visit, I was concerned it wouldn't be the same...boy was I right! I had always enjoyed my visits with the previous owners, but Will is nothing short of fabulous. He makes you feel right at home and gives the impression you are his ONLY guest. He takes time to welcome and walk you through this beautiful property full of more amenities than ANY B&B I've ever frequented. The rooms are in pristine condition with no detail overlooked. The hammocks on the grounds and the rockers on the beautiful porches offer a serene retreat from the bussle of everyday life. The hot tub is private and relaxing. I didn't have an opportunity to enjoy the gym, but I'll be better prepared next time. Breakfast is always a treat with seasonal fruits, gourmet coffee and foods that will delight the most distinguished pallet. I can never get enough of the coffee! The Keurig machines in the rooms were also a nice new touch to my visit. I can't rave enough about Will and his fabulous supporting staff...you will not find better accommodations anywhere.

• Stayed July 2011
Frederick, MD, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011 via mobile

We loved the Inn on the Creek in Salado, TX. From the attentive and personable staff to the tasty breakfast, it is a place I recommend.

• Stayed June 2011

Been to Inn on the Creek? Share your experiences!