“Something Special” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Royse City, Texas
“Something Special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We LOVE this place and try to go as often as we can! I have never tried anything at Bootleg that I didn't like. Do try the St. Louis style ribs! Awesome! As are the sandwiches. I expecially like the chopped beef and the po'boy. Prices are very reasonable for some EXCELLENT barbecue!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Garland, Texas
“Best BBQ in Texas!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We have eaten there several times and are NEVER disappointed!! Everything we have tried has been delicious! The chicken, ribs, pulled pork, brisket and the burgers are the the best ever. I am glad Larry opened this place. Eat there and you will know why he and his wife, Julie have won so many awards in BBQ cookoffs. The homemade cobbler is out of this world, if you don't have room for desert be sure and take some home with you.We ordered a pork butt for Thanksgiving and it was a BIG hit, everyone wanted to know where we got it.If you are ever in the area, you must go enjoy the best BBQ around.

• Visited November 2012
Ellensburg, Washington
“Eat Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My friend from high schools joint. Go eat, drink, and be merry! I guarantee good food, I have it on good authority that this place rocks and the food is delish!

• Visited November 2012
Royse City, Texas
“Best around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Highly recommended, I personally think it's better than Soulman's. Great staff, very friendly. We go here quite a bit and have never had a bad experience.

• Visited July 2012
New Braunfels, Texas
“WOW if you haven't tried it you should”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have eaten BBQ at sooo many places and none can do it better than this place. I took the whole family (15) and so I got to try almost the whole menu. Everyone said everything they had was simply marvelous, I know everything I tried was awesomely great. The seasoning on the fries was very unually good, (bought 6 bags to take home). The sauce is just the right combo of sweet and spicey, (bought 6 jars to take home). Ribs, brisket, chicken, sausage (which I never eat), sausage fatty, burger, beans, FRIES with seasoning, were all the best I have ever had. The staff is very friendly and efficeint, the price is certainly right. We will be going back.

• Visited May 2012