“Who charges for chips and salsa?!?! That...” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 85 Restaurants in Rowlett
Cuisines: Mexican
Rowlett, Texas
“Who charges for chips and salsa?!?! That...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

Who charges for chips and salsa?!?! That stuff should be free. Average food but a cool bar.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Has now changed to Amelia's. The food is much better now”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2008

Has now changed to Amelia's. The food is much better now

Garland, TX
“Why do you keep removing my review??”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2008

Don't waste your time going there now. It's completely lost all appeal. The menu is a moving target, the salsas and margaritas are horrible now, and the service was the worst I've seen in a long time.

So sad too, because I really loved this place until this weekend.

I should have known something was amiss when there was a piece of paper on the door saying they were doing Karaoke. Sheesh! I'll never go back again.

Garland
“One of my favorites!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2008

Maya is excellent! Don't let it mislead you by the location. They have a wonderful collection of salsa's...EVERY appetizer is wonderful! I myself love the fish tacos there, in my opinion, THE BEST! And don't forget the flan! Again in my opinion, THE BEST! They add tequila infused berries with this tasty treat! A little pricey, but definately worth it!

Rowlett, TX
“We absolutely love Mayas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2008

We absolutely love Mayas!

We go on Saturday nights for a romantic dinner, on Sunday afternoons to sit outside and soak up the sun while drinking Prickly Pear Margaritas (which are incredible!) or during the week to unwind after a long day at work.

The salsas are all wonderful and the salads are huge and tasty. Mayas is not your run-of-the-mill Tex-Mex restaurant! The food is delicious, the drinks (try a flight of tequilas!) are fantastic and the service is great. You can't go wrong at Mayas!