“I love the atmosphere bugers, and pie!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Houston, Texas
“I love the atmosphere bugers, and pie!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We have a lovely group of artistic ladies that visit Well's Springs twice a year. We love going to the square for shopping and pie. It's a fun day trip and go looking for treasures at the many antique shops along the way. A great way to experience the taste of Texas

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Victoria, TX
“"OMG" is an understatement”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

You cannot put this food into words....you just gotta put it in your mouth. There is really nothing more that needs to be said. Every item on the menu is so much more than the description can depict. I took four friends with me--three were RVs (Royer's Virgins) and the other had been there with me once before. As per my usual, I had told them that they were in for the best meal of their lives and I would gladly welcome their thanks at the end of the meal. They all know me, so they know I never exaggerate about food. If something sucks I say so, but if I say this is a destination spot for real foodies everywhere, they listen. Once again I was thanked profusely around mouths full of awesome steak, pork chops, lamb chops and cheesy grits. Bud was, of course, his usual gracious, entertaining and delightful host, and the waitstaff/family members were superb. It is always fun for me to take new people there because I love to see the expressions on their faces when that first bite of the awesome steak or grits or lamb touches their palates. I enjoy other people enjoying good food almost as much as I enjoy myself enjoying good food--but not quite as much, mind you. They talked about the "Royer's Experience" for a good 30-40 miles as we headed back to Victoria and understood why people drive 90-100 miles from Victoria, Austin, College Station and Houston to eat in this tiny town with the world-class restaurant. No matter where you live, if you find yourself within an hour or so of Round Top in your travels take the detour to Royer's. You will never find a better way to spend your time (or money). Now, if you live in Austin, there is a Royer's Pie Haven that has found its way there. You can get all the wonderful pies (and Pie SHAKES---OMG) there, but if you want the rest of the meal you need to hot foot it to Round Top at your earliest opportunity. Like countless others, you'll thank me in your minds....

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stopped in at royers before heading over to The Prairie for the night. The restaurant is quaint and the staff were so friendly. The food was delicious! We had hamburgers (and were only able to eat half), and then topped it off with some apple pie a la mode. I have never had pie that good. Definitely stopping in the next time that I'm in round top!

Visited June 2014
“Best burger hands down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This place is a must stop! Fun atmosphere and friendly staff. The food was really good, the burger was the best burger I have ever had. The fries were also very good. The flavored iced tea was strong and good and we just really enjoyed ourselves.

Cypress, Texas
“A Texas Tradition”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

We recently ate at Royers during a day trip to Brenham. It was definitely worth the drive. The burgers and sandwiches are huge. We each shared a sandwich after seeing how big the serving size was. We had to save room for pie! Royers is famous for pie, and we had a hard time deciding which flavor to try so we tried several. We will definitely be back.

Visited June 2014