“Worth the wait!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Reservations, Takeout
Austin, Texas
“Worth the wait!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Rustic, quaint and busy....known for their home-made pies! I ordered the Chest of Chicken which the menu said wasn't anything special but don't let that put you off....it's juicy, huge and very tasty. The burgers are also huge and delicious (according to my friends). And the pies...YUM! My favorite was the Cherry but the Butterscotch (which was bottom of my list to try) actually was right up there with the Cherry. I recommend ordering several and passing them around. Oh, one thing more: they do not split checks....no exceptions....don't ask...just work it out!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Houston, Texas, United States
“Love This Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have eaten at Royer's for more than 15 years and the food is always great. Bud and his family have a great little eatery in the country. It is always loud, energetic and full of happy people. Sometimes you have to wait and may sit with people you don't know, but it is always fun and the food is always great.

My family had shrimp BLT's and the Sunday Fried Chicken. I stuck with my all time favorite, pork loin with peach sauce. With sides of corn and black-eyed peas it was perfect for a Memorial Weekend Sunday lunch.

Bud and his family support our troops with pie giveaways and it is always good to see the Pie Man at the door when we get there. The pie at the end with vanilla ice cream always makes for a good ending to the meal. Round Top is growing and there are several new shops to check out. Round Top and Royer's are always to great trip.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Not quite the hit it once was. . . .”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We loved Royers and as of last week, we like Royers. Their food, while still good, it was not up to the same standard as our previous visits. Pair that with the raucous environment, dreadful decor, and so-so service, we'll come back, but will hold off recommending it to others. Now, if you go for the pie alone, you won't be disappointed.

The review that mentioned being disappointed that they were closed after Antique Week.... Four days to be closed sounds unreasonable, but with the SIZE of Antique Week, I can easily understand if they needed to close for a week. This is a family run operation as such, their resources are fewer.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Eat Mo Pie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Everyone should Eat Mo’ Pie as they say at Royers Roundtop Cafe the tiny town of Roundtop Texas. The best Texas comfort food in Texas is just a long drive into the Texas countryside but it is worth every mile. Sunday fried chicken dinner, grilled shrimp BLT, and all their OMG ~ "Oh My God!" classification of certain menu items, is what your taste buds say when you take a bite into one of these dishes, but save room for the pie. Oh the pies. They have recently opened a second location just down the block from the cafe - Royer’s Pie Haven, with coffee, pastries and savory or sweet pies of all sorts. Save some room and bring a friend to sample as many of the large slices as you can. You are in luck if you cannot make it out to their location they ship! They make a wonderful sweet gift, if not to someone you know they have a program called “Operation Dessert Pie” They ship lots of Royers’ pies, “THE ULTIMATE SLICE OF HOME” to our fighting troops every month, check out their online store for information.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Smith, Arkansas
“Website says OPEN, Restaurant says NO.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I were excited to eat at Royer's with some friends after reading the great reviews. We double checked the website for opening times and headed to Round Top from Houston. We arrived and found a CLOSED sign on the door. I saw someone inside and knocked. The lady asked me what I wanted and I told her that we wanted to eat. She said that they were closed because they were regrouping from Antique Week. We went on Thursday, April 11 in the afternoon which was four days after and the website said nothing about being closed after antique week due to regrouping. Sorry Royer's, but I won't be giving you another chance since I have no idea if you'll be open or not since your website is not legit.

• Visited April 2013