“Great Food, Not So Good Service” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #61 of 298 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Mexican
Wimberley, Texas
“Great Food, Not So Good Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

The food was really great. What took away from the rating was the service, or lack from our server. It looked like they had great servers, we just did not get one.

Visited November 2011

Texas
“Good food, excellent wait staff, HUGE burrito”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

My wife and I arrived early for Dinner (4:30PM) after a long day of walk through of our new house. Parking lot was virtually empty, thought, uh oh, maybe we are just early. Open sign on so we entered. Shown to our booth and the most magnificantly personable waitress came to introduce herself. Typical Tex-Mex and after consuming huge quantities of iced tea due to the long hot day, we ordered. I had the beef enchiladas, my go-to in a first visit to a restaurant of this ethnicity, and my wife ordered the chicken burrito. Both entrees came with refried beans and rice as you might expect. Everything was very good, but the burrito was HUGE. The waitress commented that this was breakfast, lunch and dinner. I finished my meal, but my wife could not. We were staying in a Hotel; so we asked if we could get a to go box and were accomodated with food, fresh salas, and plastic flatware to finish the burrito the next morning for breakfast! We will definitely be back, Thanks!

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Round Rock, Texas
“NEVER disappointing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We go to Mesa Rosa every week, and have been for 3 years. I have had almost everything on the menu~everything has been fantastic, including service. Never overly crowded either. If you should go, I recommend the Border Melt....IT IS THE BEST!!

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Austin, TX
“Suprimo.. a la grande”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

My wife and I came to your restaurant, Mesa Rosa,,, The manager made the Enchiladas to our taste.. it was MUCHO BUENO.. excellent taste..
This enchiladas were SONORAN STYLE.. where Tortillas (Corn) are not rolled in but kept flat.. and the layers of the dish are Tortilla, Cheese, Beans, All sauted vegetables and then next tortilla and same ingredients again.. three layers of these tortillas and
sauted and spiced veggies.. KEEP UP that supreme taste.. WE LOVED IT !!!!!!!!!!

• Visited September 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
austin
“Messy Roaches”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

This is what my hubby and I call Mesa Rosa. The one and only time we ate there, the salsa was left in direct sunlight, so it was sour by the time it got to our table. That was before a big nasty roach (at least 2 inches long) crawled up the wall next to me. It looked like a "kept" roach if you ask me. And for the trouble, the server offered us as much soda or tea we could drink. Thaaaaanks.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere