“Love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Alexandria, Virginia
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

A group of friends met here for lunch, and we trusted the ordering to the folks who come here often, so we had several selections and ate family style! I can't even say what it all was, except that one dish was goat. Everything was excellent and I can't wait to return! Service was quick, friendly, and unobtrusive. Atmosphere wasn't real special, but when you're eating food this good, who cares about atmosphere?

• Visited May 2013

“Indians Eat Here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

So you know it must be good! One of my favorite go-to restaurants. I love being able to pick up my order; the wait is never too long. The food is delicious and full of flavor. The naan bread is delicious, but so are the roti and paratha. The thali combos are a great value and I highly recommend them to anyone who's looking to get a taste of a fully authentic Indian meal. The attached grocery store is a bonus and I enjoy picking up snacks, spices, nuts, rice, and frozen foods.

• Visited March 2013
Austin Texas
“Delicious food, gracious owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I live in the area and eat here about twice a month. Every item I've tried is great and the servings are very generous. The naan is out of this world as are the saag and butter chicken. Traffic on 620 can be a hassle but the this local place is well worth it. Teji's started as a grocery store with a cafe in the back and has now evolved into a true restaurant with a small store. I feel comfortable eating here solo, with friends, or with my work crew.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Texas
“indian chicken wings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Teji's has a new menu item....chicken wings...we tried the butter ones...6 to an order...and the korma chicken wings. They were spectacular and messy to eat, but we didn't care, we'll definitely devour these again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin
“Food is delicious. Service pretty good...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Been here several times since it's a local place close to home and I haven't run across a dish I didn't like. The Biryani (lamb) was AMAZING and their chicken naan makes an awesome appetizer. Service varies - sometimes it's great, and sometimes they seem a bit understaffed, but they are always very friendly even if slow, and again the food is very tasty.
I will say, the first time we came here, we were wary since it's in a sort of strip mall location and looks dark from the outside. Just go in and try it! Once you go inside you'll see half is an Indian grocery and the other half is the restaurant.

• Visited February 2013