“Indians Eat Here!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 298 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Indian
“Indians Eat Here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

So you know it must be good! One of my favorite go-to restaurants. I love being able to pick up my order; the wait is never too long. The food is delicious and full of flavor. The naan bread is delicious, but so are the roti and paratha. The thali combos are a great value and I highly recommend them to anyone who's looking to get a taste of a fully authentic Indian meal. The attached grocery store is a bonus and I enjoy picking up snacks, spices, nuts, rice, and frozen foods.

• Visited March 2013

Austin Texas
“Delicious food, gracious owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I live in the area and eat here about twice a month. Every item I've tried is great and the servings are very generous. The naan is out of this world as are the saag and butter chicken. Traffic on 620 can be a hassle but the this local place is well worth it. Teji's started as a grocery store with a cafe in the back and has now evolved into a true restaurant with a small store. I feel comfortable eating here solo, with friends, or with my work crew.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Texas
“indian chicken wings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Teji's has a new menu item....chicken wings...we tried the butter ones...6 to an order...and the korma chicken wings. They were spectacular and messy to eat, but we didn't care, we'll definitely devour these again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin
“Food is delicious. Service pretty good...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Been here several times since it's a local place close to home and I haven't run across a dish I didn't like. The Biryani (lamb) was AMAZING and their chicken naan makes an awesome appetizer. Service varies - sometimes it's great, and sometimes they seem a bit understaffed, but they are always very friendly even if slow, and again the food is very tasty.
I will say, the first time we came here, we were wary since it's in a sort of strip mall location and looks dark from the outside. Just go in and try it! Once you go inside you'll see half is an Indian grocery and the other half is the restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
Texas
“Tasty food, friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stop in here about every 6 weeks or so, almost always to get take out on the way through Round Rock. Not cheap, but fair prices for tasty food. Good menu, specials on a board in the front. Mom and pop feel, younger waitstaff, but always friendly and attentive. Owner is always extremely accommodating. I think the service is a plus, not sure why some seem to be critical of the service. Always get the palaak paneer (not sure of spelling), which is, I think, the best in the area. Various flatbreads (kulcha) are excellent. I had some sort of mixed grill last visit (while dining in) which was great, and a large portion size. Rice pudding for desert wonderful, very light. My fiance' thinks this is the best Indian restaurant in the Austin / Round Rock area, and I'd agree.

• Visited November 2012