“The Best Mexican Food in the Austin Area” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Austin, Texas
“The Best Mexican Food in the Austin Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I go to Juarez Bakery on a regular basis. The wait staff are always very courteous and the food is always excellent. I always recommend it to people who are new to the area (or just visiting). My husband and I lived in El Paso for several years, and the food at Juarez Bakery is very similar to what we had in El Paso. The prices are also very affordable.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Round Rock, Texas
“Rude staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We have been going to this place for years. Always enjoyed the food. Staff has always been a little whacky. My wife and daughter stopped to pick up some food to go one night. The place was empty. My wife asked if they could sit at a table and wait, one lady said ok but a waitress said no. Then my wife ordered some chips and salsa and the waitress told them that they weren't going to take up table space and eat for free. Well to make a long story short, the staff all got rude and nasty. My wife paid for the Togo food and left.
There are a lot of close Mexican food joints to go to and this one will never see me, my wife or anyone I know. Rudeness will not be tolerated.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
round rock
“Juarez Bakery: the heart of Round Rock”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Any local will tell you, Juarez is their favorite place for Mexican food in the city of Round Rock. With stiff competition from other larger restaurants, I find myself time and again coming back to this little gem. Juarez boasts wonderful fresh bakery items, delicious homemade tamales and a continually expanding menu. The charro beans they now offer are really delicious. The restaurant is the perfect size for a quick, no hassle meal while hanging out with your family or friends. Saturday morning is the only time of the week I will avoid the place....usually the line is out the door until about 11am.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Texas
“tex mex and a mexican bakery”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I like the combination of a restaurant with a panaderia, a Mexican bakery. The bakery was very good, the enchiladas and tacos we tried weren't as good as the empanadas and such. The service was good.

Visited March 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Tamales and burritos were excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

It is a must place to visit if you are in Austin. The tamales were delicious and authentic Mexican food. The 'orchata' juice was simply amazing. The try colored cookies are really sweet and beautifully presented. The prices are reasonably. Recommend to go during weekdays instead of weekends if you want to avoid the crowded days and want to enjoy the food. If you go on lunch time, is crowded too. Go after 1pm.

• Visited March 2013