“The best Indian food in Round Rock Texas” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Roundstone, Ireland
“The best Indian food in Round Rock Texas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

3 years back when i visited Round rocks i had food from Chola and had the worst experience in my life. I never tried my luck with Chola after that terrible experience. This time during March 2014 when i came to Roundrocks few of my friends suggested to try Chola and told me that it is under the new management.With my bad experience in my mind i tried to check once again. Amazingly it was the best indian food i ever had from Round Rocks in the past 3 years. Cheers and good luck to team Chola. Keep it up.

Thanks
Joe

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Minneapolis
“Best Indian food I have ever had”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I have never had Indian food out side of the US, so I'm sure someone will disagree, but this was quite an experience for me! I keep thinking about the food I had here and how good it was! I ordered the Korma Curry Chicken, the flavors were so intense, it was wonderful! We also had the garlic Naan? bread, and some of my other family members ordered other various things on the menu. It was all so good! I will defiantly come back when I am in Austin again! The server was very polite and seemed eager to please, it took a little long for the food, but it was well worth the wait! It's not a fancy restaurant, but clean & well maintained.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Not as good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We always stop at Chola when visiting Round Rock. We were disappointed on our last visit as the food was not as good as in the past, seemed bland to us. Will have to look for another Indian restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Worst Indian Restaurant out of India, do us a favour and please shut yourself down.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have been to several Indian restaurants all over the world ( Australia, New Zealand, USA, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Japan, Europe) but this one stands out to be the worst Indian dining experience I ever had out of India. I have written several reviews on tripadvisor, but I cannot think of any place worse than this for which I had to write a review. Too bad I can't rate this zero and have to rate this 1.

Went there with friends for a buffet. Except for the Chicken Manchurian and the Dosa nothing was palatable. They had run out of food in most items of the buffet, which in a way was good as food taste was bland and hopeless. They did not even have chutneys to eat with the uthappas. The chickpeas in the samosa chat were absolutely tasteless. There were no Samosas in it either. The service was not too great either. When I asked for missing items on the buffet, I was coldly told they are out of them, no apologies either. I USA you tip for good service, however this is one place where I would not tip. This restaurant is not only an absolute disgrace to Indian cuisine and Indian heritage but also a disgrace to the customer service you would expect in any restaurant in USA. The service at the fast food joints is better. This experience i enough to turn me off any Indian restaurants for the next 6 months. Chola please do all of us a favour and shut yourself down. Signing off in utter disgust.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fredericksburg, Texas
“what has happened to chola? 3 strikes and they are out...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have been coming to this restaurant since 2007 even though we do not live in the area and it has always been tasty...not fabulous, but consistently good...the last 3 times we have been there since December 2012, it has not been good...it has been tasteless and the dishes on the buffet have been odd combinations of ingredients. What a disappointment. We do not live near Indian restaurants and this was our fallback...now after three strikes CHola is OUT.

• Visited February 2013