“Good food but a long wait on a Saturday night” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Iowa
“Good food but a long wait on a Saturday night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at hotel near by. Had to wait 45 minutes on a Saturday night at 7PM. Good food...too much noise to carry on a conversation.
Obviously they have big crowds all the time..very organized

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Round Rock, Texas
“mmmmm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Sooooooooooooooooooo good and super fresh. Try any thing it's all excellent. Chuychanga yes. Enchiladas yes

Visited March 2013
“Perfect place for dinner with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Some friends and I are ere on a busy Friday night, the wait was a bit long but totally worth it. The service and food were impeccable. I visit other Chuy's restaurants every time I get the chance. Don't miss out - ask for the jalapeño ranch dip!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cedar Park, Texas
“Awesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I love Chuy's. I grew up in the Southwest, and ate (Americanized) Mexican food all through growing up, so I know it well. Having just moved to the area, we've eaten at two Chuy's and another Mexican restaurant, and Chuy's is superior in every way.

The chips--you can't do any better than fresh made tortilla chips. The salsa is fresh and flavorful, and jalapeno ranch dipping sauce is amazing.

I had a chile rellano/enchilada plate, and the rellano was probably the best I've had, ever. I prefer the type that are fried rather than just battered in egg and seem like an omelette, even though the latter is probably more traditional. This one was a cheese rellano, and was fried to perfection. Absolutely delicious. The cheese & onion enchilada was top notch, and I loved the refried beans. Rice is never my fav, but Chuy's rice had good flavor. The only thing I didn't care for was the Tex-Mex sauce I chose. It was good, but too heavy on the chili powder in my opinion. My husband had the Mucho Burrito with the Hatch Green Chili sauce, and the sauce was awesome, so I'm going to try it next time.

We visited on May 4, so of course it was crammed with people wanting Mexican for Cinco de Mayo and hoping it wouldn't be as busy the day before. There was a wait (35 min) but not as long as projected (50 min) so we were happy. We did wait awhile for our drinks and order of queso dip, however, and our server had them taken off our bill. Awesome way to make up for it.

I honestly can't see trying any other Mexican place. If you've got Chuy's within 20 minutes, why waste a meal anywhere else?

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leavenworth, Kansas
“Great Tex Mex.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Excellent Tex Mex restaurant. The service was wonderful and the food exceeded my expectations. Keep in mind this is a very popular eating establishment so be prepared to wait or a seat. It's worth the wait though.

Visited June 2012