“We've stayed here three times since the middle of September 2008 and will stay here again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Executive Inn

You added BEST WESTERN Executive Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Executive Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1851 North I-35, Round Rock, TX 78664   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Round Rock
Dallas Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

We've stayed here three times since the middle of September 2008 and will stay here again! We first chose the Executive Inn because of the proximity to our son's home in North Austin. This was the weekend of Hurricane "Ike." The hotel was filled to the limit with many folks who were refugees from Houston. However, the good service, the cleanliness and the over all pleasantness of our stay was wonderful. We have stayed two more times since this time and have enjoyed the same high level of service.
Because the hotel is located on I-35, travel to the Capital and University of Texas is easy!
NOTE: We have discovered the floors in the bathrooms at Best Westerns are very slick when wet. We ask for extra bath mats, which are readily supplied.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

My husband and I stayed two night at the Best Western Executive Inn in Round Rock Texas. All the staff that we had interacted with were exceptionally friendly and helpful. They made us feel like we were at home with family. The hotel itself was very clean and well maintained. I would definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

My wife and I have traveled 50 countries, and it has been a long time since we were treated so well at a Best Western. From the moment we entered the hotel, it was total attention to our needs. When we arrived in our room, which was impeccably glean, well-appointed, nice thick clean carpets, starched sheets and pillowcases, rolled, clean towels in the bathroom--the first glance around was great relief at such a nice room, and then immediately the front desk manager called, and said, This is just a courtesy call. How did you find the room? WOW. We decided to extend our stay in the Austin area another night and chose this same hotel. They are so attentive to every detail, that there is even ORGANIC green tea in the breakfast area, there is an exercise room, there is free internet with a computer for customers who don't carry laptops. Whole Foods flagship store in downtown Austin, which is why we come to Austin, is only 15-20 minutes driving down Interstate 35. So YES, we will be back, for all of the above reasons. OUTSTANDING!!!!!

Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2008

We checked in exhausted on a Friday night. We were in a room toward the rear of the property. Unfortunately, it was located near what sounded like a nightclub (a neighbor). We called the front desk. The clerk lied to us that there was not a nightclub and said that he would call the police. Eventually, the music stopped. We were very tired and had arrived very late (probably why the music eventually stopped).

We were in town for a wedding and sightseeing. We did our thing during the day and returned to the room around 10 p.m. Note: this is Saturday night. The nightclub played music so loud that we couldn't sleep. Our special needs child cried until the music stopped. We called and called the front desk with no results. We were told that if we changed rooms that all they had was in the front of the property close to the highway noise which this "executive suite" is located nearby.

This place is really a hotel/motel with the rooms not enclosed within a building, so highway noise is believable. Since we have a special needs child (autistic), we could not move after our bedtime ritual which would have cause a complete meltdown. However, we should have planted our pitifully crying child right in the lobby and let the sparks fly! We NEVER received any compensation for our lack of sleep and our complaint to Best Western's headquarters was totally a waste of time. They explained that the manager told a completely different story and IT WAS A STORY, AN ABSOLUTE LIE!

How this hotel chain, it's clerks and manager could treat a special needs child/family in this manner I cannot comprehend. How DARE they!!! Our family will NEVER stay at another Best Western. We've had some doozies of hotel stays (electrical fire in a/c unit, roaches, dead fly in the bed). But these people take the cake!

• Liked — Nothing at all. This was the WORST stay at a hotel we've ever had!
  • Disliked — The noise. Image loud bass music until 2 A.M. and a crying child until it stopped. Bad Service from the hotel management and a lack of concern by Best Western's Corporate headquarters. Do not stay at this hotel!.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2007

As always, I have always been treat great at this hotel. I stay here on business trips and always given the best service I could get. The people are always nice and polite and rooms are always clean. I have read some the other reviews here for this hotel and I just want to say ,some people just dont have anything else to do but to gripe about things. These are the people do not have a life. I have never had anything wrong with my rooms. If you wanted another towel just pick up the phone and call. Sorry but I just cant help myself from reading reviews from some idiot who don't have a life.. This hotel is the best .. As for the roaches,well you should have left them at home....... Thank you for a wonderful hotel ........DK

Stayed May 2007
Baltimore, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2006

I was nervous about staying here with a less than 3-star rating since I often find the ratings to be inflated. I took the chance on the strength of a reasonable rate, and the free high-speed internet (wired, not wireless) and free continental breakfast (which was a pretty limited offering, but there was drinkable coffee and orange juice!). The hotel was decent but not a place to go if you're looking for any luxury. There was no elevator to the second level so it has a "motel" type feel. The rooms were pretty clean, apparently recently renovated according to the sign outside. They are also pretty spacious. Now they have fridges and microwaves in every room. I must admit I was dismayed that two crickets easily came in under my door (I was there in the fall), so I guess I can imagine that roaches or other insects could be an issue at other times of the year (but, that's TX). But, the staff was VERY nice and friendly, and overall, I enjoyed my stay. (A bonus: there is a very nice new premium outlet just a short drive away!) For the price I paid, it was a positive accommodation in the Round Rock /Austin area.

• Liked — Friendly staff; convenient location for nearby sites
  • Disliked — Crickets came into my room!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2006

I was a little disappointed in this hotel. The AC unit could barely keep the room comfortable until evening came, the "NOW WITH FRIDGE AND MICROWAVE" failed to mention the fridge has no freezer and these two appliances were just shoved into a corner as an after thought in order to remain competitive w/ other local hotels. The Micro sits directly on top of the fridge which in turn is set up directly against the door that leads to the neighboring room.

The Breakfast:
The breakfast is your run of the mill pastries / bagels/ dry cereal. The "seating area" is actually the conference room and is totally uncomfortable! The AC does not penetrate into this room so it is uncomfortably warm, the chairs are your el cheap mass seating chairs (for conferences) the tables are run of the mill plastic 4 ft. X 2ft. tables , again, for conferences but also for your makeshift breakfast. The television sits just outside of the room where you eat so you can't really hear the TV. The whole breakfast setup is awkard and again, appears to be an afterthought.

Roaches:
Only a couple - you know, those big german type roaches. Enough to scare my wife although I didn't mind that much.

More complaints are:
Not enough towels... an extra chair would've been nice,

PERSONELL:
Most were friendly except for the arrogant guy working the desk at night. No, greetings - he just kind of looks at you until you ask your question... we needed a few towels after swimming... no greeting when I walked in... looked at you like you were intruding, asked for towels, he asked "what room?" after I told him he just gave me some towels and said nothing else, i said, "Thanks!" - no reply just a quick arrogant glance.

Everbody else besides this dufus was alright and friendly.

you get what you pay for.... we payed around mid 70's per night... I would not pay this much again for a room like this... if you could get if for about $40 a night I would say go for it or else just go somewhere else.

• Liked — high speed internet
  • Disliked — everything
  • Tips/Secrets — give your money to someone else...
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN Executive Inn? Share your experiences!