“Receive bad service? The cancer made him do it.” 1 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
DFW
“Receive bad service? The cancer made him do it.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

There is nothing "best" or "executive" about what you truly get here. I've had the unfortunate experience of staying here during state-sponsored trips to Austin, and things really went downhill in late October. Here are a few notables:
1. The internet "boost" that was installed makes it impossible to get a connection. The owner will let you borrow his own personal modem if you say you will complain to corporate.
2. Pubic hair galore! In the beds, the shower, counters...everywhere you look. Pictures will be posted soon.
3. Housekeeping ignores "Do Not Disturb" signs, and enters your room anyway. I emerged from a shower with them trying to undo the chain.
4.Dirty bed clothes, and even dirtier carpet. I challenge everyone to wet the cleanest towel in your room, walk across the floor, then wipe your feet. The towel will be black. No worries, though, because it will be there waiting for the next guest who donates $78 per night to this roadside motel.
5. Customer service? Please. The higher level reward member you get, the worst you get treated. I was called some very derogatory names by the overnight clerk. He wouldn't silence the kids running down the hallway, nor would he call tech support for the internet for me. Guess what the owner's response is? The overnight worker has cancer, and only a few months to live, and the cancer makes him be rude. The owner told me not to call the corporate office, because they don't scare him and they have no authority over him.
Thankfully, I found another great hotel to honor the state government rate nearby. Also, Best Western Coporate was so kind to me, and documented my concern. I encourage everyone to call Guest Relations to report any problems with this hotel. I suspect some glowing reviews from this hotel, or personal attacks on me in the future. My review comes from staying at this hotel several times since August of 2011, so it is very balanced. It would be nice if this MOTEL would clean up its act, because that is the only hope for its survival.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BWRR, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Executive Inn, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
I am very sorry you had a bad experience at this hotel. We do have very good reviews on all other sites and we are proud of that, but unfortunately your review is very bias and personal. You have stayed at this location 25 nights just in the past year and never complained except the last two times which was beyond our control and I will explain.
You have told me and everyone here that because the personal issues you had in the past(which I don’t want to disclose)and you were been stocked at all times, you wanted a room close to the office and we did it for you every time, and even did not want anybody on either side of you which we obeyed and did not rent rooms on either side of you and many other things we did to accommodate you except the last two times and that was why you kept coming back which we appreciate.
However, the time before last you thought a gentleman who was here with his family, was looking like a rapist and you wanted them removed from hotel which we could night do because they were a nice family and I am sorry that made you very mad, but we can’t just kick somebody out because another guest think they look like a rapist!
And the last time, about 8 hours after you checked in and about 10 pm, you asked the front desk gentleman to come to your room and see a piece of hair in the bathroom, when he advised you that was against our policy to go to the guest room except emergencies and offer to move you to another room. At which time you got extremely upset and called our customer service and were on the phone for exactly 58 minutes and told them that we put condom shell in your room on purpose!!!!and requested lots of points in addition to the ones I have issued and you still wanted more from them.
Unfortunately, we had to refuse your future reservation because we thought you were more comfortable other place.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Alice, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed here in Round Rock while watching hockey this weekend. Checked in late after watching friday nights game. Upon checking in, staff at the front desk was very nice to me, i forgot her name, and i appreciate that cause i was tired that night. My room had a king size bed, very comfortable,very cozy. The room also had a 35"TV,fridge,microwave,desk,and a sofabed (which is unusual) in the rooms i get. Room upon check-in was very clean and housekeeping was nice to give me extra towels. This hotel seems to be re-modeled and thats ok. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor and away from the freeway.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Our soccer team stayed here for our State Tournament and there isn’t a single negative comment about this hotel. The staff was incredibly accommodating and genuinely concern about everyone’s comfort. Being a soccer mom a good start for our boys is very important and their breakfast buffet was fully stocked with eggs, waffles, bagels, and a whole bunch of goodies.
The front desk staff made our dinner reservations and often suggested fun places for the kids to visit. We thank everyone at Best Western for a great stay and look forward to next year.
Other reviews about NOISE, I have no idea what they’re talking about – I slept like a baby.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Nice hotel. Clean rooms, friendly staff, comfortable beds and pillows. And you can't beat the price. Only complaint....noise from the interstate. Ask for a room as far away from the front as possible.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWRR, Owner at BEST WESTERN Executive Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2012

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your business.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel sits right off of I-35 and the traffic does not ever stop. The hotel itself was nice, staff was nice, but what good is a hotel if you can't sleep? They obviously have spent lots of money on decoration - why did they not take the practical step of putting in double-paned windows which are both energy efficient and would cut way down on the noise level? I felt like I was ( trying to ) sleep under the freeway, Also towels - one per person and did not look all of that clean. Hot breakfast -as advertised - yuck. Threw the waffle in the trash.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
NIMA1991, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Executive Inn, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
First of all please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience you had. We definitely address your concern. As for the towels, for one bed like yours we put two sets of towels and we would have been more than happy to give you additional towels, had you asked, and I am very sorry you did not like your waffle, the waffles we use is the same exact waffle that Hilton, Marriot and other major brands use.
Again we apologize for the inconvenient and sorry we could not give you a full refund at check out which you requested.

With regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

This was a quick stop on our way down south to camp with our two children. Our number 1 priority was to sleep well before having to sleep two nights in a tent. Mission accomplished!! Breakfast was a wonderful bonus with a doting staff who served my son eggs while I tended to our daughter and even gave the kids trinkets that delighted and entertained them during the remainder of our drive. A perfect stay for our needs!!!

• Stayed September 2012
NIMA1991, Owner at BEST WESTERN Executive Inn, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Southern Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The welcome greeting was friendly. Despite the elderly building the room was in a very good shape. All amenities worked properly. The staff was friendly and supportive. The praised “full breakfast buffet” lived up to its name. We left well-fed. The only draw-back is the noise. The windows are not sound-proved which cannot be justified by the price. We paid more than USD 75 + tax. Hence we became grateful for the steady noise of the air-con which blanketed the noise of the Interstate-traffic roaring the entire night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Executive Inn? Share your experiences!