“One of Round Rock's Best” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Austin, Texas
“One of Round Rock's Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This place is amazing! Breakfast, lunch, dinner- it's hard to choose my favorite. Fresh, local, original. Fish, chicken, burgers, everything breakfast- you can't go wrong. Round Rock is fortunate to have a restaurant of this quality. Go early for lunch, it fills up fast. The secret is out!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Austin, Texas
“A local gem in Round Rock”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Greenhouse Craft Food is an excellent example of what I see to be an expanding and maturing local food scene in Round Rock. No longer is the city a collection of chain restaurants, and no longer do foodies need to drive into Austin for an interesting experience. Greenhouse might be located in a typical strip-mall but the food, stylish decor, and very friendly staff are way above the typical suburban environment.

The menu includes sandwiches, burgers, salads, fish & chips, and amazing looking desserts. On the lunch menu, the chicken sandwich falls apart before you can finish eating it, but it's very tasty. The pulled pork is also delicious. On the brunch menu, the house-made bacon is crispy and meaty. The green chile pork (available on the breakfast tacos and possibly elsewhere) is fantastic. The breakfast potatoes haven't yet come out perfectly (I suspect the kitchen was slammed both times I ordered them). Seasoning isn't always perfect, but it's definitely way above average.

The decor is interesting and they even have an ample stock of high chairs and a kids menu -- making the restaurant really kid friendly (a must in suburbia) while also working great for groups without kids. They feature craft sodas from Dublin Bottling, which is another nice bit of local flair. There's an inviting patio and a large farmhouse-style table for larger groups. A map on the wall tries to show where items are sourced from. I might argue with a few of them (just because the seafood comes from a place in Austin doesn't mean it's all local), but it's still nice to see someplace that tries to help link farmers and consumers. The staff are also helpful to customers with food allergies.

Greenhouse is located not far from I-35, north of downtown Round Rock.

Overall, the seasoning hasn't been perfect, and the sandwiches have fallen apart -- but those are minor complaints. Greenhouse is definitely worth a visit. Perhaps you, like my mom, will declare "this is my new favorite restaurant!"

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“locally sourced awesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We've tried quite a few menu items, my wife had the fish and chips, made with gulf coast drum, excellent, the cheeseburgers are topnotch. They have a map on the wall that lists where food and wine items come from, pretty cool.

• Visited May 2014
“What a great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My 2 1/2 y/o, my husband, his mom and I came here during lunch on a weekday and we were all pleasantly surprised to find this establishment. My son LOVED the chicken on the kids menu. The chips with hummus were the absolute BEST chips I have ever had. The guy who seemed to be in charge was super friendly and checked to see how we enjoyed our lunch bc he knew it was our first visit. I wanted to go back that next week! I cannot wait to try the brunch. I wish there was one closer to north austin.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
boston, ma
“Great local restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

My husband and I were very pleased to find this great restaurant while on an annual visit to family in Round Rock, TX. What a wonderful change from the usual choice of bad chain restaurants! The food was fresh and delicious, the staff members we met were very pleasant and friendly and the restrooms were clean. The atmosphere in the restaurant was relaxed and comfortable and we will definitely be back during our next visit to the area next year.

• Visited April 2014