“Fun place!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
TX
“Fun place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Our family of 5 had a great time celebrating our son's graduation from middle school, at Tokyo Steak House. We went at 3:30 on a Saturday afternoon, and were able to get an entire table to ourselves, which was a big treat since we have been here several times and always had to share the table with strangers. The food is very good, but we only go here on special occasions because it's expensive. We spend at least $140 each time we come. Note that drinks are not included in meal costs, fried rice costs $2.00 extra per person, and complimentary icecream is served to kiddos only.

• Visited May 2012

Beaufort, South Carolina
“Good food but pricey!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

If your in the mood for a Japanese Steakhouse this place will definately fit your fancey. I just found it to be a bit higher priced.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank dgdeppen
Austin, Texas
“Good teppan-yaki”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

We ate there twice so far and the experiences were almost identical. To be honest, when we first got there, I wasn't to sure about it. The Hostesses were not very enthusiastic and you come into an area where there is a big screen television. Neither are things you are seeking out in a $30+ dining experience. But the food was excellent. We have had sirloin, ribeye, shrimp, and scallops so far. The scallops were surprisingly good. I could see coming back and having the only the fried rice for dinner. The "show" part was very fun. They also have good drink specials during happy hour.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Phoenix, Arizona
“They know sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I order chirashi typically since most sushi chefs like to prepare it to demonstrate a certain flare. This was one of the best chirashi meals I have had a many sushi restaurants.

Visited October 2011
Overland Park, Kansas
“Consistently Good Sushi and Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Let me first admit that I am far from being an expert on sushi. I eat sushi probably one or two time each month simply because I like it and find it a fairly light dinner when I am traveling. I've eaten at this particular restaurant several times. I tried it initally because it is about a block walk from a hotel I stay at when in Round Rock. I asked a couple of locals about the place and even though they did not recommend it, I decided to rty it and am really glad that I did. I know enough about sushi to know if the chef has a clue and if the ingredients are high quality and fresh. In my opinion, this place hits the spot on all of those. I generally stick with stuff like the spicy tuna roll or the Texa Roll, which is a spicy version of the California Roll. I've tried a few of the more fancy roll preparations. They're always good, but I just prefer simple stuff.
The Japanese steakhouse part of the restaurant always has a modest amount of people on weeknights and the classic grill demonstration area seems to keep hopping. Prices are very reasonable and the staff, including the Sushi chef are all very friendly. If you're in Round Rock and looking for good sushi, good variety at reasonable prices and friendly atmosphere, you really should try this place. It has not disappointed me in several visits over the past year.

• Visited August 2011