“Family dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Family dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

The food was delicious. The server was excellent. We were a large party and had a 4 yr old with us. They catered to the young ladies needs and wants. Also they let us sit and visit long after our meal was done.

Visited March 2014

Austin, Texas
“For decades I've been on the search for the best Chili Rellenos and have found them at La Margarita in Round Rock”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

After years of searching for the perfect Chili Relleno, I found it at La Margarita in Round Rock. I've ordered these at restaurants from Mexico to New Mexico, and all over towns in Texas from the valley to El Paso to San Antonio and Austin and beyond. Although La Margarita offers a plate with one or two chili rellenos, I've found after many trips that one is all I can eat, but sometimes I order two so I can bring one home. The crust is perfectly done in a batter that is different from any I've had before. I order the beef filled version which has a combination of meat and spices that with the crust beats out every other contender. La Margarita is on the IH-35 frontage road at 1530 N Interstate Highway 35, Round Rock, TX 78681, and I'm putting in the phone number if you have trouble finding it: (512) 388-1103. We drove by the place for years without stopping because it is on IH-35 and we figured it wasn't authentic, but probably someone just trying to take advantage of the location. Then one day we were hungry and decided to stop and give them a chance. We were shocked to find a real authentic Tex Mex restaurant hiding in plain view on one of the busiest highways in Texas. They make their own flour tortillas, and have a lot of tables, but it has gotten busy at night when we've gone there for birthday parties. But we've never had to wait more than 15 minutes for a table. And since we have to drive almost twenty miles to get there, we don't mind waiting. Yes, we're driving by numerous Mexican restaurants on the way, but if you live anywhere near Austin and have always wanted the best Chili Relleno, then this is the place to go. In fact, if you see me coming in the door, please order an enchilada plate, or fajitas, or something else, in case they're about to run out of peppers!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Round Rock, Texas
“Well rounded family friendly Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We frequently choose La Margarita for our family lunches. The restaurant is really large but frequently packed and bustling. There are plenty of choices from the menu and most of the food is very reasonably priced. The restaurant atmosphere is good for families with children of all ages while the bar area is slightly separated but well serviced (margarita's are great). I recommend this restaurant for above average Mexican fare for a family or mixed group of tastes. Service is usually good and fairly fast, but I would not recommend coming here if you are in a huge rush.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Round Rock, Texas
“Mexican Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I go here almost every Saturday to have La Margarita Special Breakfast. It's so huge that we've taken to splitting it. Corn tortillas, 3 eggs, ranchero sauce, melted cheese, pan-fried potatoes, refried beans, and guacamole. Mmmm.... I work second shift, so I'm happy they serve breakfast on the weekends till 1 pm.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Eureka
“Really delicious food but expensive drinks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This restaurant was right next to our hotel, and after a very long day in Austin, decided to eat here. The food was really delicious! We had the mixed fajitas, chicken burrito and our little one had the meat enchilada plate. Service was good. My biggest complaint is that even though they had a $3.00 small lime margarita special that was really good, our daughters wanted to try a virgin margarita which ended up costing $4.75 a piece for a small one. Also, the beer was $4.00 a bottle. None of which we knew about until we got the check. Enjoy your food, but ask and watch for the high drink prices!!

• Visited January 2014