“Delightful Overdue Visit to a Great Round Rock Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Main Street Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 298 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Eclectic, International
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lampasas St.
Georgetown, Texas
“Delightful Overdue Visit to a Great Round Rock Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We had not been to this Round Rock standard for several years, so after hearing a good review from a friend, decided to revisit it. The service was attentive and friendly, the atmosphere very warm and cozy and the food delicious. My husband ordered crab topped trout which came with white rice and steamed broccoli. I ordered the glazed grilled salmon that came with potato hash browns and a very delicious corn and green bean combo in chipotle sauce. This restaurant really takes 'medium' to heart, so order the salmon 'med rare', if you like like it red/pink inside. For dessert, we ordered Creme Brûlée. We are used to sharing one dessert, but this order was so small that we wished we would have ordered 2. The wine selection was good and they have a full bar. Come back and try this restaurant again! Bonus: live music for your dining pleasure!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Round Rock, TX
“Good eats in Round Rock”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

My wife and I went to the Grill for her birthday early on a Friday night. They had a couple of guys playing guitars up in the front and everyone seemed to enjoy their efforts. The food was outstanding - I had duck and my wife had lamb. The preparation, presentation, and service were excellent. I felt the menu and specials entrees were expensive. The wine list was sorely lacking, but this isn't California! There is a full bar and the décor was ok for a remodeled bank. I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“birthday dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

For my birthday this year my wife took me to the Main street Grill for dinner. As usual, the dinner was very good. I had steak and she had fish. Both were very well prepared. We split a Monica's salad, which was excellent, and the chocolate desert was all I could handle. It is a very cozy little restaurant thhat used to be a bank. You can actually eat in the vault. All in all it was a very satisfying evening.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Round Rock, Texas
“Great for special occasions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Great food,high quality, the type of restaurant that you would expect in large cities. My wife and I have eaten there many times for anniversaries and other special occasions. It is also great for any occasion. The food is always great with great service. The menu has an excellent variety that you would normally see on high end restaurants, but Round Rock, Texas is the lucky one here.

Visited August 2013
Toronto, Ontario
“Good food in Round Rock”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Have had dinner at this restaurant 3 or 4 times in the last 6 months. Most recently in July. The food has always been excellent. My faves are the Monica salad (pecans, goat cheese), fillet, crab encrusted trout and the lamb chops. The desserts are good as well, though I am usually too full to have any. Last time there was a bread pudding made from Round Rock donuts - a local specialty donut shop.It was delicious.

Would definitely come back.

• Visited July 2013