“Great” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Austin, TX
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Hands down my favorite restaurant in the area. Food is always fresh and delicious. Killer Cheese Burger is usually my go-to. One of the best burgers around. Also really enjoy their brisket sandwich when it's on special. My only complaint is that I wish this location had some brews by Live Oak on tap, like the other Austin location does.

Visited November 2013

Carrollton, Texas
“Wonderful food and lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Visiting family in Cedar Park and went for dinner. Happy hour included appetizers along with drinks. I highly recommend the pomegranate sage Rita it was very good and they don't skimp on the alcohol! The choice in appetizers is amazing! the entrees are diverse and everything we had was delicious. I had the green chili pork tacos, lots of food and very tasty. My young grand kids were with us and it was a great environment for them. The wait staff was knowledgable and very attentive.

Visited November 2013
Destin, Florida
“Can't wait for my second trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Jack Allen's was so delicious! I went with 6 family members and everyone loved what they ordered. The food is unique, inventive, and the flavor combos are one of a kind I can't wait for my second trip. I hear their brunch is not to be missed. I believe it's $15.99pp and possibly just on Sundays. The service was very courteous and professional. We will be back!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good drinks and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Visited this place for the first time a couple weeks ago and it was a great experience. I had one of their mojitos and it was DELICIOUS! Not too sweet! I had the short ribs and grits for dinner and it was really good but really heavy as well! Definitely recommend this place !

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great for business dinner...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The group I was with have all traveled to Austin many times, and in fact stayed right next door to Jack Allen's Kitchen without ever trying it. I twisted their arms about trying it based on the reviews I found online, and our customer vouched for the place, saying, "Jack Allen's Kitchen is awesome!"

The restaurant was packed (a good sign), so we had a couple of drinks in the bar before dinner. My only complaint is that we did wait probably 40-45 minutes for a table, when we were told 20-30, but it was worth it.

The atmosphere in the restaurant is really laid back and fun, but also very clean - you can tell these guys know what they're doing. The staff were very attentive and helpful.

We had the guacamole and wedge salads for starters, and they were great. They serve Moscow Mules correctly, in copper mugs. They also have a lot of great drinks featuring Tito's vodka. I drank Shiner Bock, which was ice cold.

I ordered the fish tacos, which were really excellent. A lot of people at the table raved about the chorizo stuffed pork.

We also ended up ordering desserts, and I wish I could remember exactly what everyone got because between us we ordered most of them. They're all house-made every day, so the selection changes constantly. I will say this - they were some of the best desserts I've had in a restaurant.

If you're looking for a classy-but-in-a-nice-way place to have a really solid dinner with great food made from fresh ingredients, Jack Allen's Kitchen comes highly recommended by me.

• Visited October 2013