“Nice addition to the Round Rock restaurant scene” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Austin, Texas
“Nice addition to the Round Rock restaurant scene”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Jack Allen's is wildly popular and nice to have in Round Rock. Food is fresh and full of flavor. Great Happy Hour prices on the apps. Staff is friendly. Would highly recommend as a place to take out of town guests. Upscale with a twist.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

93% Recommend
Litchfield Park, Arizona
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

One can tell by the # of clients at Jack Allen's Kitchen that it is a huge success. We enjoyed multiple meals ... lunch and dinner & were never disappointed. The service, the menu, and the wine selections are all top notch!

Visited August 2013
Chicago
“Great Food, Weird Operation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My wife, her mom, aunt, uncle, and cousin went here to celebrate a birthday. We were attracted by the restaurant's profession about using local and organic ingredients. Our waitress was nice, but did seem a bit out of it (it was weird, we thought she was joking/had a sense of humour, but now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure she was trying to be serious the whole time). I ordered the veggie tacos and they were actually really delicious. The veggies were indeed fresh, and cooked and seasoned perfectly. My wife ordered a ravioli dish from the appetizer menu, but she told me it was pretty one-dimensional and that the cream sauce masked the flavour. They also served alcohol to a member of our party without requiring to see the individual's ID. Finally, all the food came out at different times. Indeed, sometimes they'll send the food in two batches, especially if it is a bigger party, but the spacing between each person receiving their meal was noticeable. Not a good move.

I recommend for the food. It is worth going back just to eat, but prepare for some noticeable malfunctions.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Austin, Texas
“Didn't Fix the Problem”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

It was our first time visiting at the high recommendation of some friends. When we got there around 4, we were told the wait would be at least 45 minutes although there weren't but two tables in the dining room. We sat in the bar instead. My husband orders chips and salsa and I ordered the soup and Barbacoa tacos. My husbands chips came out right away. The server asked if I wanted the soup first which I said yes. About 45 minutes later (way too long to wait for soup)a tray comes out and the server had wrong in the wrong order. She did apologize but she must have been overwhelmed because she scooted off and it wasn't for another 30 minutes that I saw my food. At that point everybody had been sitting, waiting, done. I was almost pointless to bring the items at that point. At the end of the meal she brought out checks. I thought for the mix up they may offer some kind of compensation or at least have a manager come over and apologize. I've been working in restaurants for years now and at least that much would've been appreciated. Food was great but the experience has left a bad taste in my mouth! There are other places in the area with great food

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a great place to have dinner. Nice atmosphere and very clean. The service is outstanding. They have a wonderful brunch on Sundays with a variety of food choices. If you go, you have to try the tomato basil pei... It was delicious!!

Visited August 2013