“Definitely a hidden gem in Round Rock...” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Definitely a hidden gem in Round Rock...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Ended up here for a business dinner on a whim and based on other reviews.

Of note: The wait staff were awesome. We had two waitresses, who turned out to be mother and daughter. They were hilarious and totally made our night.

The drinks are great and are priced reasonably. The crawfish etouffee appetizer was spot on, and the mahi mahi ponchartrain was ridiculous. I wasn't hungry - at all - by the end of dinner, but they had a bread pudding dessert special that looked so good I couldn't pass it up... And I'm so glad I didn't. It was friggin' incredible.

Great people, great food, and just a really nice time. I could not believe a neat little restaurant like this was hidden away in Round Rock, Texas.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Austin
“Not a good experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

There are alot of great reviews so i obvously ate the wrong things! Steak and gumbo both were horrible!!!
Only good thing was the house Merlot.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“Excellent Cajun Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is a beautiful little restaurant on Round Rock Ave. The décor is really nice inside. The gumbo, and etoufee were good. We thought the prices were a little high. Try them out for good Cajun food.

Visited March 2013
Cedar Park, Texas
“So many intriguing items on the menu you can't choose.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My wife and I went to the French Quarter for our wedding anniversary. From the second I opened the menu I knew it was going to be a difficult decision. The appetizers alone presented too many delicious sounding choices. I settled on the crab cake and my wife had Oysters Rockefeller. The oysters were delicious, with a little twist on the traditional. Fried instead of broiled.
My crab cake was very tasty. Lots of crab, not so much cake. It is served with a slaw that is a perfect accompaniment.
Not knowing when or where to stop I had Mahi Ponchetrain for my entree. Still on the appetizer menu my wife had a cup of gumbo and a cup of étouffée for her dinner. Yeah, we over ordered but we have great leftovers.
This restaurant is a keeper. The menu offers wonderful takes on beef, pork and chicken if you aren't into seafood. I can't wait to go back and try some of those as well. Service was smooth and considerate.

Visited August 2013
Austin, Texas
“Very nice experience, I will go back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I like to support local family owned restaurants in my community so chose this venue for a nice Friday night dinner with a couple of my chicas. The restaurant is charming and quaint which makes for great conversation environment vs the loud chain restaurants.

The waiter was very well versed in the daily specials, however, as the restaurant got busier, his attentiveness seemed to slacken which is the only reason why I did not give this a 5-Star rating. He brought out our meals but we had to wait and ask him for silverware as our food got cold. I ordered the salad with blackened salmon (you can have a salad and order ANY fish for a little extra). The portion was big and my salmon was perfectly seasoned and cooked. The best salmon to date. You can even taste a couple of wines before ordering it.

Give this charming place a try and you will not be disappointed. Reservations are recommended for the weekends. A little pricey but the price matches the ambiance, the service, and the food so worth a little extra.

• Visited July 2013