“Very nice experience, I will go back.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Austin, Texas
“Very nice experience, I will go back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I like to support local family owned restaurants in my community so chose this venue for a nice Friday night dinner with a couple of my chicas. The restaurant is charming and quaint which makes for great conversation environment vs the loud chain restaurants.

The waiter was very well versed in the daily specials, however, as the restaurant got busier, his attentiveness seemed to slacken which is the only reason why I did not give this a 5-Star rating. He brought out our meals but we had to wait and ask him for silverware as our food got cold. I ordered the salad with blackened salmon (you can have a salad and order ANY fish for a little extra). The portion was big and my salmon was perfectly seasoned and cooked. The best salmon to date. You can even taste a couple of wines before ordering it.

Give this charming place a try and you will not be disappointed. Reservations are recommended for the weekends. A little pricey but the price matches the ambiance, the service, and the food so worth a little extra.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Leander, Texas
“Everything was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My sister and I had lunch here. The garlic herb butter served with warm sourdough rolls was soo good, then I had the blackened chicken poboy with chicken gumbo and fries. It was the best gumbo ever and the bread on the poboy was so yummy. My sister got the basil cream pasta with blackened chicken and loved it. the portions were so large that we had no room for the orange crème brulee everyone raves about. Cant wait to come back! Wonderful waiter and gorgeous restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
Austin, Texas
“Great food in historic building”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This restaurant is in a great old building that used to be a stagecoach inn. There is much of the original brick on the interior & it is upscale & nicely decorated to make you feel like you are in New Orleans. They also play good Cajun music while you dine. I had a tall drink called a Swamp Juice which was very tasty. Had the shrimp gumbo, which was very reasonably priced, delicious & not too spicey & surprisingly had 9 large shrimp in a cup! My husband had the house salad which he said was very fresh & contained tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, onions, almonds & shaved parmesan. Most things on the menu, including seafood entrees, were reasonably priced with the exception of steaks, which were pricey. I had a shrimp & crawfish pasta, which was a huge serving but could have used a little more shrimp & crawfish & less cheese filled tortellini in 3 colors. The mushroom brandy cream sauce was excellent. My husband had the Jumbo Shrimp entrée with mashed potatoes & squash & all items were very good. The service was somewhat slow both from the kitchen & from the waiters since they have to make the drinks at the bar but otherwise the service was very good. Overall, it was great for a romantic occasion with excellent food at reasonable prices.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic Cajun food in Suburban Austin, Texas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The appetizers, salads and main dishes have fine Louisiana ingredients and are prepared deliciously, presented attractively with generous portions. Prices are reasonable as well. Atmosphere is quietly elegant. Soft lighting and tablecloths. Beautiful large lumps of blue crab used in dishes.

• Visited May 2013
Austin, Texas
“Our favorite place to go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I love this place. The food is consistently wonderful every time we go, which is about once a week. They make a great Cosmo, and the staff is always very accommodating. But most importantly, they have the best Gumbo. I was not a gumbo fan until I tried their Crab meat gumbo. Superb!

• Visited May 2013