“Always good!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Georgetown, Texas
“Always good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I have visited several times. We prefer to sit in the bar - always excellent service. The menu is vast - but not so much that you can't decide. The appetizers come out pretty quickly and the meals tend to follow right away - so we always ask that they place our order whne the appetizer is served. My huband likes to try the seasonal beers - I like to try their cocktails - really good mojito!
We will continue to visit BJ's when we are in the area and would definately recommend it for a casual lunch or dinner.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Gurnee, Illinois
“Hurry up!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was in Austin on business and went to BJ's on a Wednesday night about 7pm. Sat in the bar area right away. Ordered drinks to start, which took a while and when delivered the waitress said "sorry this took so long". Order some apps of the happy hour list, potstickers and margherita flat bread. Both were average at best. These came out on time. Order burgers which took awhile, waitress delivered and said "sorry these took so long". Started eating, orders another round of drinks. These also took awhile and when delivers the waitress said "sorry these took so long".

I had the classic burger with cheddar cheese ordered medium rare and was pleased with the burger. Afterwards I ordered a crown royal on the rocks. Just ice and crown royal. We had a new waitress at this time due to shift change. She delivered the drink and said, you guessed it, "sorry this took so long". The restaurant wasn't all that crowded yet everything (other than the apps) entrees, beer, cocktails, everything took way too long. And the waitresses instead of apologizing to me that things were taking too long, should not accept that, and address this with the bar and kitchen or elevate to her manager. Otherwise everyone will be under the impression that everything is fine (which was not).

I did like the beer (nutty brunette) and the manager was attentive and notice I wanted to watch the hockey game and changed a closer TV for me. That was later trumped by the San Antonio Spurs game but I was in Texas.

Due to the long wait on multiple occasions I can't recommend this location. On top of that the servers didn't see any need to address the issue and just settled for making apologies.

New York City, New York
“slow and iffy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

been here a couple of times and let's say the food is a 50/50. Drinks are always good, my main problem is the servers put the straw in the drink before you get it. The problem is they are picking up dirty dishes and scratching their faces, playing with hair ect and never and I mean never wash their hands. The place also lacks serving trays so they put their hands once again in the food and inside the dishes. Watched a waiter lick the soup off his finger wipe his hand on his apron and come back 30 seconds later with drinks for another table. Make me sick to my stomach. Anyway got a glass of wine which was good, also a turkey burger which came out a bit cold. My wife got the tomato soup in a bread bowl and loved it. They offer 1/2 price wine on Thursdays so I will likely return... but never ever drink from the fountain or iced tea.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brushy Creek, Texas
“Always good food and beer, but kitchen slows late”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We have been to several BJs in the Austin area, and this visit was typical of our experiences. The food is quite good, the beer (especially their own brews, which in Texas are actually brewed by St. Arnold's of Houston to BJ's specificiations) are very tasty, but the kitchen is usually quite slow after 9 o'clock. It took around half an hour to get our food and the restaurant was not busy.

Visited April 2014
Austin, Texas
“Good service, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

This BJ's location is conveniently located within walking distance to the Round Rock Outlet Malls. Their service is always quick, food is warm and staff is friendly.

• Visited March 2014