“Father's day” 4 of 5 stars

Description: just opened June 25,2012
West Texas
“Father's day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Lunch for Father's day at BJ's. Food was very good. FIsh tacos a little bland, but good. My dad enjoyed his burger and beer. Food hot and service excellent!

Visited June 2013

72% Recommend
Georgetown, Texas
“Fun Reasonable Lunch Selections”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We had a fantastic waitress, Kelsey, who made a fun lunch super. It does not hurt that my brewer husband had such a vast choice of beers to sample. Most brewhouses offer slidders and burgers. This one has a variety of truly inexpensive lunch entrees. We will be back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“I want to like this place...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

but I don't. The menu is very large, which may be part of their problem. They try to do too many things and do them with mediocrity. The establishment itself is nice and cozy. They have a large beer selection which is so/so. Their own beers however are not good at all. The last time I visited BJ's will be my last time ever. I had horrible service from a bar tender and food which was very poorly prepared. There are far too many other good places in the area to spend your money at such as Deckhand and Johnny T's.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great variety of food and beverages. Food was excellent, service a little slow. It was fairly quiet (suppose because it was a Tuesday night). At other bj's locations we have been to, it was rather noisy.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Brewhouse only”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The place was almost empty when I arrived but it seemed an eternity before someone came to take drink orders. When she did she took our food orders as well. That's fine but she preceded to take other tables orders seated around me, then went to get our drinks. The ahi salad was good served with a rice wine vinaigrette with the exception of the rancid tomatoes. My lunch companion had a house salad , not fresh but dried out with the same bad tomatoes. Her other selections were acceptable but not great. Our server never returned. Our drinks were never refilled. When I finished lunch and looked around to ask for the check, I noticed 4 tables around me also finished, waiting for their checks. As we sat, we made eye contact with each other, rolled eyes...
Eventually the server showed up with checks for all the tables at once. If there was a problem, it was not conveyed. After waiting for an eternity for the check, I decided to not pay by credit card and instead left the only cash i had that included a meager tip. The service was terrible. My luncheon companion said she had experienced similar service on another occasion. That's all the confirmation I need to know I won't be experimenting with BJ's again.

• Visited December 2012