“Great Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Amherst, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for two nights while visiting Austin and this little 2 star property was a nice surprise. The rooms were modern, clean and comfortable. The beds were on the bit softer side and the AC is a bit loud. Otherwise a good couple nights stay and still close enough to the highway to get down to Austin which is about 20 mins away. The breakfast is a bit lacking so I would opt to go out for food instead.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the Round Rock Microtel Inn for one night. We were in town for a wedding and arrived around noon to get ready for the event. Their normal check-in time is after 2pm. We had asked for a early check -in and they had a room ready for us! No hassle at all!
The room was small with 2 queen beds and a desk but it was all we needed. There was a microwave , a refrigerator free wifi and a flat screen TV,. The bath room was nice and clean, the beds were comfortable and there was even a padded window seat which a nice touch. The A/C was nice and cool. There was an alarm clock and a funky sound machine on the bed side table.
The breakfast was a little sparse, but then again we were up late because of the good party the day before, Typical hotel breakfast.

The hotel was clean and quite, the staff was attentive and friendly.
Good stay for the money.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Property is new and clean. Nice pillows! Bed is firm. Rooms are well styled and well appointed but on the small side. I like that beds are queen, not full. I appreciate that breakfast is included.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is in plain sight of the freeway but strangely quiet as far as surrounding construction noises are concerned, which is nothing but a bonus. A gas station, Walgreens, Auto Zone, and H.E.B are all conveniently close. I made the mistake of booking a single queensize bed for my best friend and myself for three nights. Upon arrival the lady at the front desk was going to upgrade us to a double but since the ACL was happening that weekend, rooms were already pre-booked for Saturday, so our Thursday-Sunday visit would have us staying in someone else's room. This wasn't that big of a complaint though, because my friend and I grew up together and have shared smaller beds many times before. Despite this setback, the gal at the front was still incredibly kind and helpful and directed us to our room "third floor, furthest from the elevator."

Once on the elevator, we looked at our room card number and saw "210" so we got off on the second floor, looked two doors down to the left and saw our room. My friend glanced back at the elevator and said, "Furthest from the elevator, pfftttt." Now, a lot of people may have been upset about this but we actually couldn't stop laughing and went ahead into our room. The lady had informed us that the AC is motion-censored so when we went in, it turned off and we had to ask for directions on how to operate it. Throughout the stay we kept the room at 65 degrees but it would turn off for about ten minutes during which the room would get about 8 degrees warmer and then turn back on again so that by the time we were freezing, it would start to get warm again. Strange, but no big deal.

The room itself had no microwave or mini fridge, only an ironing board. One queen bed, two night tables, a window seat, a flat screen television, and a normal sized bathroom as well as a desk with a chair. One side of the bed did not have an outlet but I brought an extension cord so I was able to charge my phone on my side of the bed anyway. The bathroom had plenty of towels, 2 bars of soap, tissues, and 2 itty bitty bottles of shampoo/conditioner mix and Vaseline-based lotion. We had several valuables like laptops and souvenirs so we kept the "Do Not Disturb" sign up our entire stay so that no one would be in to clean the room.

For all three days we were in Downtown Austin which was about 25 minutes away in light traffic (and it does get backed up from 2:30-8). My friend had her own car, having driven up from Dallas so we didn't need to rent. We bought groceries at H.E.B since the hotel only offers breakfast from 6-8 and it is all pastry-based with muffins and Texas-shaped waffles. (Why Texas-shaped waffles, my friend wondered. Why does every hotel in Texas have these? Because, I told her, who would want to eat exclusive Colorado-shaped waffles?) So we didn't eat the hotel's food (there is an ice machine, a soda/powerade/water vending machine and a snack vending machine) but all the things we bought from the supermarket had to be canned or boxed for the most part since our room didn't have the microwave or fridge. (Later we found out that if you ask at the front desk, they'll put your food in the employee fridge).

The pool is open until 11 pm and it's 4ft deep and quite small. We didn't swim in it, though I went to the fitness room twice, once at 10 pm, once at 1 pm. Both times it was empty and hot because the room is set to 75 degrees unless you call the front desk to ask for a temperature change. The machines had small fans on them, though, so I survived.

The first night we slept soundly. The second night was when everyone for ACL was arriving and we happened to have some incredibly noisy neighbors in 212 who laughed at the top of their lungs for about an hour, slammed doors, and knocked into everything. I was tempted to hammer on the wall as a warning but put my earphones in and went back to sleep. Having been up late the night before, we slept in until the cleaning ladies started making their rounds, playing their music at loud volumes, conversing in just as loud tones, and not troubling to be at all quiet about their work. I praise them for the hard work that they do and know that they cannot accommodate everyone's sleeping schedules, but this was still fairly early in the morning and I had to press the pillow over my ears because I could hear them through my earphones.

I read on here that the walls were thin, which they were, but besides the second night, that wasn't much of a problem. Sure, I could sometimes hear Mr. Room Above going tinkle at odd hours, and occasionally the elevator would ding, but I wasn't irate over the fact.

The hotel offers free wifi and at $1.50 a load, laundry service which I greatly needed for my workout clothes and my shorts because I sat in some sort of gum thing. Detergent is available for $1.50 at the front desk.

Finally, I would like to give a shoutout to Chris at the front who gave us a blanket when we asked for it, was the one who offered to store our food in the fridge, gave us some plastic cutlery after breakfast hours, and talked to us for quite a while on his two night shifts. He was also attending the Austin Comic Con and we spent some time laughing and discussing what we were going to do, who our favorite characters from shows were, etc. I gave him three of my string cheese sticks while he was on break. He was extremely helpful, relaxed, and friendly to the point where we were quite sad to not see him the last night. I can only hope that if I come back, he will still be there.

For what we paid, roughly $280 for four days, three nights, so that came out to $140 each. Maybe not the cheapest hotel, maybe not the most convenient to the Austin Convention Center, but we had no major complaints for what we paid, and it was a good last minute find.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper. Get a room as far away from the elevator as possible...