“Weekend before Christmas” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Dallas, Texas
“Weekend before Christmas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

By chance found this Microtel online and it was great! We arrived a little before the regular check in time and that was not a problem. We planned to leave a little before the time breakfast is usually served - mentioned it and - not a problem! They set up breakfast a little early too. Getting in to the hotel and out of it is a little tricky - the Google map sends you to a street that doesn't have hotel access. Don't let that bother you! The free wi-fi was easily accessed, the room was very sleek and clean AND the price was great! Highly recommend it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Pablo C, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Round Rock, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Our team enjoys finding ways to surprise and delight our guests. I'm delighted we were able to accommodate your schedule by setting breakfast out a little earlier than "usual". We appreciate your wonderful comments and hope to see you again soon.

214 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Right up the 120/45 from Circuit of the Americas. Brand new hotel, and I liked that they weren't a ridiculous gouge in price compared to all of Austin proper. Screw Austin, I will drive 20 minutes and stay in Round Rock. There were good places to eat, and I had fun. Mostly just wanted to crash after the race. Hmmm, maybe a bad (unintentioned) pun. I did go downtown one day, paid $10 to park at Hyatt, and took in the roped-off section of downtown. That was really well-done and I enjoyed it. But my overall impression from the hoteliers there is that they had a flaying knife and were lying in wait for my hide. No thanks. This Microtel has free internet, free parking, free breakfast (with Texas-shaped waffles), VERY friendly staff, free earplugs, free water bottles to take to racetrack. Refrigerator in the room. My goodness, they couldn't have been nicer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Pablo C, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Round Rock, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
To see such an awesome review from a Tripadvisor Top Contributor is reason to celebrate! We are very happy to have made your stay such a pleasant experience. Hopefully our proximity to the 45/130 toll roads was an added bonus in getting back and forth to the COTA racetrack (only 20 minutes to the track from the hotel). Hope to see next year for the 2013 F1 race and thank you once again for such a great review!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We arrived really early but were able to check in. The staff were all exceptional and friendly ~ Especially Pablo, the Manager. (My wife really liked Pablo) The rooms were large and well appointed. The beds were comfortable. The breakfast items were always fresh and readily available. We liked that the staff was always smiling and greeted us every time they saw us. We had only one problem during our 8 day stay and that was one night when a group of people were talking extremely loud in the lobby and since our room was on the first floor close to the lobby, they were keeping us awake. Around 11 PM I called the desk manager about the problem. She was very friendly and not defensive at all. She took care of the problem for us. Much to our surprise on the day we checked out, our bill for the evening the people were making noise in the lobby was discounted. I wasn't expecting any discount nor did I ask for one so that made it all the more of a surprise. I like when a hotel exceeds my expectations. My wife and I will definitely be staying at the hotel again. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great place to stay...

Room Tip: Choose room further from lobby to avoid any late night noise coming from an unexpected group of peop...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Our team is committed to ensuring each and every guest enjoys a comfortable, relaxing stay. I’m delighted we were able to resolve the noise issue to your satisfaction. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel punches well above its star rating on Tripadvisor.

The amenities that this hotel offers far exceeds what you should get with the price which you are paying. As a guest, you have access to free wi-fi throughout the hotel, weight room facilities, continental breakfest, refrigerator, microwave, and a coffee brewer. Those are just naming a few.

In addition to the amenities, the hotel staff was exceptional! Not once throughout my stay did they make me think otherwise. The frontdesk was more than accomdating and the rooms were kept in immaculate shape. All of this was during the Formula 1 weekend.

I am pleased to find out that this group has multiple locations throughout Central Texas. I will book only at Microtel in Round Rock while on business and only at their other locations.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I sincerely hope you were able to enjoy all our services and amenities during your stay. It is our goal to provide an excellent customer experience. We are confident you will experience the same level of customer service at any of our other hotels and look forward to serving you in the future.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed during the formula 1 weekend. The hotel is probably one of the best stays. Since it was a brand new hotel, everything worked flawlessly and the staff was exceptionally friendly. They even provided water, sun screen & ear plugs for the all the race fans, how awesome is that. The bathroom was larger than other places I stayed and it's supplied with soft water. Another nice thing was the hotel is right next to the toll road 45 which drops you off a short distance from the race track. If anyone has taken the regular route will know there was alot of traffic, maybe about another hour to get to the track after you exit the freeway. So if you're race fan this definitely a place to stay. If you're just looking for a place to stay in round rock tx then look no further.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Pablo C, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Round Rock, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
It was our pleasure to offer these added amenities as we are race fans ourselves and know that these items might be hard to come by at the racetrack. I’m glad you enjoyed our upgraded bathroom and can see from the photo that you enjoyed a Texas waffle for breakfast. Thank you for the review and hope to see you again soon!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Was skeptical at first as the hotel wasn’t built when I booked it, but everything about the experience was positive; from the early check-in to the comfortable accommodations for three guests during the F1 weekend. Carol, who seemed to manage the front desk the entire weekend, was extraordinary. She was pleasant, friendly and made sure we were looked after. Even had maps and schedules for the track events at the front desk.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
I am pleased that your contact with Carol was memorable and appreciate that you took the time to provide your feedback. We strive to provide up to date information for events our guests are attending and are very happy that these were of use to you during your stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I made a quick decision to attend the F-1 Race in Austin
The hotels were jammed
I stayed at one in San Antonio and had a great experience-they told me the same owners
This was rocking not just because it is in Round Rock-they had one closer but itn was sold out as most of Austin was-the race was awesome the commute less than 30 minutes via the new tollroad-hidden secret use that to get around instead of I-35 if possible
This is supposed to be one of the newest in the Microtel world and if the future is looks like this I will search this out--my room rate for an event like this was more than fair as other hotels were charging 375 a night this was a bit more than half so the deal was good
Normal rates for non world wide event look great for the money spent
They have a great breakfast bar but as these limited service hotels go after a few days it was time to go out-Many restaurants with a quick drive-they need one in the area as this looked like a new development-hopefully coming
I like to get value for my travel dollar and as I close a love these limited servicce hotels as I get free food ,wifi and this one has a manager's snack bar with wine beerr and snacks
Stay next time you are RR

Room Tip: Get a suite on the top floor a cool view that was unexpected
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for the wonderful review. I’m not sure if you stayed at our new San Antonio Sea World location or our recently renovated San Antonio Airport location, but I’m glad we were recommended just the same. We also have a brand new location at Cabela’s Buda (just south of Austin). As a fellow race fan, I was quite happy with the commute to and from the track from our hotel. Being able to avoid the I-35 was certainly an advantage. Thank you for your stay and we hope to see you again next year.

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Round Rock? Share your experiences!