“Formula Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Los Angeles, California
“Formula Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed during the formula 1 weekend. The hotel is probably one of the best stays. Since it was a brand new hotel, everything worked flawlessly and the staff was exceptionally friendly. They even provided water, sun screen & ear plugs for the all the race fans, how awesome is that. The bathroom was larger than other places I stayed and it's supplied with soft water. Another nice thing was the hotel is right next to the toll road 45 which drops you off a short distance from the race track. If anyone has taken the regular route will know there was alot of traffic, maybe about another hour to get to the track after you exit the freeway. So if you're race fan this definitely a place to stay. If you're just looking for a place to stay in round rock tx then look no further.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Pablo C, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Round Rock, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
It was our pleasure to offer these added amenities as we are race fans ourselves and know that these items might be hard to come by at the racetrack. I’m glad you enjoyed our upgraded bathroom and can see from the photo that you enjoyed a Texas waffle for breakfast. Thank you for the review and hope to see you again soon!

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Was skeptical at first as the hotel wasn’t built when I booked it, but everything about the experience was positive; from the early check-in to the comfortable accommodations for three guests during the F1 weekend. Carol, who seemed to manage the front desk the entire weekend, was extraordinary. She was pleasant, friendly and made sure we were looked after. Even had maps and schedules for the track events at the front desk.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
I am pleased that your contact with Carol was memorable and appreciate that you took the time to provide your feedback. We strive to provide up to date information for events our guests are attending and are very happy that these were of use to you during your stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I made a quick decision to attend the F-1 Race in Austin
The hotels were jammed
I stayed at one in San Antonio and had a great experience-they told me the same owners
This was rocking not just because it is in Round Rock-they had one closer but itn was sold out as most of Austin was-the race was awesome the commute less than 30 minutes via the new tollroad-hidden secret use that to get around instead of I-35 if possible
This is supposed to be one of the newest in the Microtel world and if the future is looks like this I will search this out--my room rate for an event like this was more than fair as other hotels were charging 375 a night this was a bit more than half so the deal was good
Normal rates for non world wide event look great for the money spent
They have a great breakfast bar but as these limited service hotels go after a few days it was time to go out-Many restaurants with a quick drive-they need one in the area as this looked like a new development-hopefully coming
I like to get value for my travel dollar and as I close a love these limited servicce hotels as I get free food ,wifi and this one has a manager's snack bar with wine beerr and snacks
Stay next time you are RR

Room Tip: Get a suite on the top floor a cool view that was unexpected
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for the wonderful review. I’m not sure if you stayed at our new San Antonio Sea World location or our recently renovated San Antonio Airport location, but I’m glad we were recommended just the same. We also have a brand new location at Cabela’s Buda (just south of Austin). As a fellow race fan, I was quite happy with the commute to and from the track from our hotel. Being able to avoid the I-35 was certainly an advantage. Thank you for your stay and we hope to see you again next year.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

One of my best hotel experience. From easy check-in to Texas shaped waffles for breakfast. They had the best and fare prices for what other hotels in the area we're extremely over priced. The whole staff were great and polite and a special thank you to Carol and Chris for greeting us to the airport when the shuttle service let us down.

• Stayed November 2012
I’m glad that we were able to transport you to the airport in time to make your flight. We strive to help our guests with any unexpected needs that may arise. Be it a forgotten toothbrush or an unexpected shuttle bus mishap. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to serving you in the future.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have never been in a Microtel before, so I was not sure what to expect. I was recommended to go there for the F1 weekend as it is relatively close to the circuit and very convenient to travel to and from by car. The hotel is brand new so it has that pleasant fresh aroma. The lobby is large with several areas to sit and watch TV, use their free PC or have breakfast by the lobby. The front desk is very professional and very friendly. They make you feel at home and they were giving us tips on how to move around and where to go.

I had a suite in the second floor. A living area with a sofa, bar with stools, microwave, coffee maker and fridge. A flat TV screen with media outlets to plug your own stuff in is in the middle of the room. The bed was very firm and well appointed and the whole decor was practical and business-like. The bathroom was large with plenty of towels and nice eco-friendly toiletries (that was a great surprise!).

There is a small swimming pool and a cute little gym in a building next to the pool., with all the stuff you need for a good workout.

Breakfast is included and you can make your own waffles, or get bagels, yogurt, fruit, pastries and more. Perhaps what surprised me even more is that they have free wi-fi throughout the hotel, something that most large hotels would not normally do. A great service for their guests.

Overall I felt that I was in a hotel of higher ranking than their price would suggest. Great value for money.

Good luck with your new hotel.
D0n Travel

Room Tip: If you can reserve the suites as you get more value.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Wow! I couldn't have said it better myself. We pride ourselves on offering exceptional customer service and an outstanding value proposition. We have other “free to guest” amenities in the works… stay tuned…
Lindale, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We came into town during the opening weekend of the forumla one races... as you can imagine we didnt know if we would be able to find a room or not.... after calling around to several other hotels who were not helpful and had outrageous prices we called the Mircotel Inn & Suites here in Round Rock Texas... the team that was working last night was: Carol, Amanda, and Lynetta. They were gracious and helpful getting us into our rooms and very nice as well. This morning Morgan who was working the front desk was equally helpful... The rooms were nice, clean, ect. I would highly recomend coming to this hotel for a night or a week.... Thanks again ladies for making our stay great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind comments. We are very excited about Formula One and the many upcoming races in 2013. Our goals is to build long term relationships with our guests and are pleased to have had the opportunity to accommodate you during this busy weekend.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

At the beginning of our reservation, we had a regular sized room. We upgraded to a suite the next morning with no problems,and the price was reasonable. The staff was kind,and courteous around the clock! I would definitely come back,and recommend the location to everyone I know. They made my stay great!

• Stayed October 2012
Pablo C, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Round Rock, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
We really appreciate your outstanding feedback. It was great having you as one of our first guests! Hopefully you had a chance to enjoy our extended continental breakfast and our unique walk-in, beach style pool. We look forward to your next visit – be sure to call us at the hotel to book your next stay!

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Round Rock? Share your experiences!