“Right off the Interstate” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 25%
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
The Woodlands, Texas
“Right off the Interstate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

The staff and location are the shining starts of this hotel. Also the margaritas at La Margaritas resturant, which shares the same parking lot, is well worth the short walk. Great hotel for sports teams.

• Stayed February 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Olathe, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

Found a roach in my bathroom... I have to tell you I have a bit of an issue with roaches... understatement. I called my boss, who had just checked in minutes ago and told him. He went to check out and they would not refund us. He had just checked in. The hotel clerk would not even let us talk to the manager, who he had just called on the phone. Absolutely would not stay here again!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
CISRNDR, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Round Rock, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
This guest stayed in the hotel two days and her boss one day. After couple of hours her boss came down and demanded refund for his and this woman's room. When front desk informed him that it is way past check out time and he will have to post the charges for that day, he got angry and left. About half an hour later he came down with hotel's wash cloth claiming he found a roach in this woman's room, but there was nothing in the wash cloth, and again demanded that we refund him for three nights. Front desk agent asked him to show the roach and the guy instead of showing roach threatened him that if he did not refund the three room nights he would knock on every door and go in the hallways and scream on top of his lungs that this hotel is infested with roach and break front desk agent's nose. He was very beligerent and had to be escorted out of the hotel with police escort. The front desk was shown some medicine bottles and she had said that she was under medication.She said "She is an accountant and no one treats me like this." When this guest's boss called the management early the next morning, he was very rude and when we addressed the issue of disturbing other guests in the hotel and the treatment that he had given the night front desk agent, he just hung up. When the rooms where inspected we did not find any roaches but plenty of alcohol containers. They were only looking for free stay. To this date we have not found any roach in this room or any other room.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

This hotel held many pleasant surprises. Hot baked cookies,complimentary bottled water in room, friendly service staff, comfy, plush room. Delicious breakfast with many choices. All around a very nice hotel. Especially for the price. I will definitely stay here again. Look no further. Book this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Kilgore, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

The flowerbeds at the entrance were in full bloom, welcoming us to this wonderful hotel. A very pleasant staff member greeted us upon check in. Everything about this hotel was perfect. Highly recommend!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Oak Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

I picked this hotel based on reviews and the fact that it had indoor rooms access. I was very lucky to have picked a winner. The overall appearance and staff were excellant. I couldn't have been happier. Great rooms, beautiful lobby. Not to far to the Outlet Malls and shopping.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

My Husband and I were looking to relocate in the Round Rock area and needed a clean and comfortable place to stay while we searched the locale - we certainly found it at this hotel!

The hotel being centrally located (with easy access to the I-35) was very useful for us and the accommodation was extremely clean, very comfortable and the staff were so friendly. Overall it made our long stay of 5/6 weeks most pleasant and enjoyable. A big thank you to all the staff!!!

Yes, we most certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Rogers, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Moved to this hotel by another as their jacuzzi suites were down. Guest noise kept us awake first night. In room no more than 12-14 hours total over 2-1/2 days. Carpets needed vacuuming and dust was prevalent.

Bill was 233.22. Our card was nabbed TWICE -- $279.86 and $265.00. I called, emailed and faxed mgmt to find out why. I'm being told we smoked in a non-smoking room. WE DO NOT SMOKE. I have asthma and can't be around mold, concrete dust or smoke. Was told there were ashes found on carpet and windowsill.

I was further told that if we had allowed housekeeping to come in the first day (we left valuables and computer in room so put out the Do Not Disturb sign to keep housekeeping out), that we would have been charged for both days, a smoking fee and kicked out. Well, I might possibly be able to understand that if we were smokers!

I am disputing all charges with my bank. Hotel is ok -- run-of-the-mill Interstate type. If you stay here, don't get the ground floor -- the noise is incessant all night long, and WATCH YOUR CARD for BOGUS CHARGES.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
CISRNDR, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Round Rock, responded to this review, August 17, 2010
I am sorry that you feel and advocate that this charge is "BOGUS CHARGE." There were ashes in the room and windowsill and a very, very heavy and distinct cigarette smell. As a matter of fact, I checked this room along with my front desk manager this morning and is still reeked of cigarette smell. When a guest checks in guest signs hotel's smoking policy. There is "NO SMOKING" tents in every room, No Smoking decal on every door and also posted on our web site that this is a 100% non smoking facility and if guest decides to still smoke in the room, hotel clearly states that hotel will charge guest for restoration and liquidated damages. This policy is applies to all our guests. Hotel also provides an area outside-porch with rocking chairs and ashtrays to facilitae guests that do choose to smoke. We love our guests but we striclty enforce the no-smoking and no-pet policy. A guest is only charged after hotel staff throughly checks and inspects the vacated room. Inspection of vacated room is a standard procedure at this hotel on daily bases. This is done as hotel strictly enforces hotel policies for the guests who love clean environment. Again, I apologize that you feel the way that you do, but these policies are in effect for a reason.

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Round Rock? Share your experiences!