“Very good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 25%
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Turkey
“Very good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We were very impressed with the friendliness and professionalism of the whole staff, from reception through breakfast. The room was clean and comfortable, the lobby inviting, the breakfast selections much more than adequate. Our only disappointment is the lack of a back entrance that would eliminate the need to circle the service roads when coming off Hwy. 620. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Loveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed here for two days after a trek from Ohio and it worked out rather nicely. As others have mentioned the front desk staff was very friendly and even offered to carry me outside if I had the urge to smoke in the room. I'm not a smoker so I didn't get to take part in the service. We had a truck with a trailer and although there was no truck parking there was plenty of room around the hotel to park. The room itself was fine, though since out room was near the end of the hall the wifi signal was a little patchy.

The hotel was right next to two nice restaurents (an ale house and mexican). We had them both and they were pretty good. The breakfast in the morning was also pretty good and had a decent selection for the price of the hotel. If you have dealings in round rock or north of Austin you really can't beat it for the price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Eureka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We decided to stay here because we had business in Round Rock. The hotel was very nice as well as the staff. The front desk staff was top notch. We stayed in a king suite that had a hide a bed for the girls which was really small, even though they said it was a queen sofa. The room could stand some updating. We stayed 2 days, then ended up coming back because of 1 more day of business. This time we stayed in the king suite with the separate bedroom (yeah). Very nice. The ac in the room wasn't working right and the bed was hard. Room 315 by the way. The breakfast was really good with a lot of choices. If you need extra pillows good luck because they were always short on them.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Chapala, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

As this hotel was close to family members living in Round Rock, we booked the hotel over the Christmas period and into New Year's...a total of about 11 days. My husband and I enjoyed our stay very much. Rooms were comfortable and clean and staff were very friendly. The buffet type breakfast in the morning was very appreciated...lots to chose from. The reception area with stair case going up in the center was decorated beautifully with a lighted Christmas vine. The dining tables all were decorated for Christmas also....a nice and homey touch! Would recommend this hotel very much.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
chitown,ill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

My husband and I travel a lot and selected this hotel based on location of our needs. We needed a hotel that was in Round Rock near a family members home because we were in Texas for a funeral. I knew when I booked the room at this hotel that it was not a luxury hotel which was fine with me for what we needed it for. Here is my honest review of Country Inn & Suites. I hope it helps you in your future travel plans.

LOCATION: Location was absolutely perfect. Conviently located near highway, restaurants, stores, etc. 10-15 min drive to Round Rock Premium Outlet Mall which was really cool. Several restaurants within a really short walking distance.

HOTEL STAFF: Very friendly and courteous.

CLEANLINESS: Hotel was very clean, exterior was well maintained, lobby clean. Hotel did not have that overkill smell of air freshner that you sometimes experience with hotels.

ROOM: Had a standard room with a king bed overlooking the parking lot. Room was very clean and smelled fresh and clean, plenty of towels, microwave and small fridge in room. Room had no safe(which was very unusual) but we made do. Nice size bathroom with small complimentary shampoo, conditioner, soaps and lotion. Room had a coffee maker with complimentary coffees/teas. Here is where there is need for improvement regarding the room: BED: Too low to the floor(for me anyway), Country Inn and Suites should invest in some real pillows because the ones on the bed were so thin you had to roll them under your head to get any support, they really were horrible. My suggeston is to bring your own or ask the front desk for a few more pillows at check in. IRON: Need to be upgraded. I had the same issue with 2 different irons in my room which is that they started leaking water and then even though they were plugged in after 5 minutes of ironing it would no longer be hot. I called to the front desk and ask for a replacement iron which was delivered to my room within minutes of my call.

FOOD: Complimentary cookies were very good. Hot Complimentary Breakfast was just okay! Waffles were delicious, eggs, potatoes and breakfast meats were just ok...microwaved products but not horrible once you added a little salt/pepper. Other items included yogurt, oatmeal, cereal, toast, bagels, fruit, assorted teas/cold beverages and coffee(which was very good for a hotel). Overall the complimentary breakfast is edible and you wont be hungry. If you are looking for an IHOP or Dennys style breakfast taste then you will be dissappointed.

WIFI: We were pleased upon check in to be given a wifi code to use while in the hotel. That was a nice touch.
Overall the hotel was super clean, there was plenty of parking, it was nice and quiet...the hotel just needs to make a few minor updates. I hope this review helps and please do not hesitate to ask me any questions, I will more than happy to answer them.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We had to get a hotel at the last minute and we've stayed in many Country Inn & Suites this past year so we gave it a try.

We were very happy with the service as we walked in. Gary was very cordial and helpful. We were given a room on the first floor that faced the back of the property. It couldn't have been better. It was a nice one bedroom king suite with a separate living room area. Nice layout and very, very quiet.

The breakfast was ok. Nothing special but hey, it's included in the price. If you want special ordered eggs and such find a Cracker Barrel.

My only complaint is that the mattress is a little stiff...

Overall, a great place with a great location (mexican restaurant and sports bar within walking distance).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Benbrook, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed there on a busy weekend, but the rooms were quiet despite the crowd. The rooms are a bit dated, but comfortable. My only disappointment was that the quality of the breakfast.could have been better, but having two restaurants sharing the same parking lot meant a variety of food for lunch and dinner was easily available.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Round Rock? Share your experiences!