“Clean hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Austin, Texas, United States
“Clean hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The kids had their 1st swim meet in Round Rock and so we decided to stay a night in the area.
Its a very clean hotel. Although the room we had on the 3rd floor (odd number room) is on the street side and therefore you can hear the cars at night.
B'fast is fine. It's substantial.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Clean hotel, friendly staff (especially Audrey, who baked the daily Otis Spunkmeyer cookies early for my husband and me, and brought them out to the pool!!! Thanks, Audrey!!!) .

Room 221 faces the freeway. It's very quiet, despite the soccer tournament families here for the weekend. Okay, I did hear a child running in the hallway above us - ONCE. A/C worked very well, almost too well! Pool is small, but clean. It looks like it has seen better days, but this is Austin, TX and the summer sun does a lot of damage to surfaces around here, so don't judge. Water was clean and sparkling and not over chemical'ed at all. Plenty of chairs and chaise lounges.

Large rooms, I thought. King bed, pull out sofa, wing chair, desk, fridge, microwave, standard bathroom. Sofa was comfy, I sat on it to read and the lighting was sufficient. The beds were hard, with a very thin mattress pad/sheet atop the mattress. It didn't keep me from sleeping, but it did keep me from lingering in bed the next morning upon wakening. There were plenty of available outlets. I use a CPAP and in other hotels, the outlets are either directly behind the bed (impossible access) or behind a very heavy bedside table. I experienced neither at this hotel, I was able to move the table and the outlet was within easy reach. TV appeared old (gasp!! a tube TV!) but it was fine so don't get your knickers in a twist.

Plenty of lighting, all the lamps worked and were easy to turn on and off. Not always the case in some hotels.

Breakfast was fine. Fresh fruit, standard rolls, muffins and bagels. Pancakes, powdered eggs, make your own waffles. Plenty of everything, it seemed. Even oatmeal with all the fixin's, including vanilla yogurt. I didn't have the coffee but you can expect any hotel coffee to be not terrible.

I hung out the DO Not Disturb sign, because the cleaning crew knocked on the door to make the beds, etc. and I just didn't want them coming in and I didn't need them to make my bed. I could hear them knocking on doors in the hall as well. I didn't need new towels, or need any cleaning. I clean up after myself and don't make big messes in hotel rooms. The cleaning crew was ever present which is a good sign, but I had some electronics and a CPAP in my room that I didn't want anyone around.

In practically the same parking lot, is the Westside Ale House (typical greasy sports bar food and 30 beers on tap) and La MArgarita's. We patronized both, and they were okay. You can walk to both these places from your hotel room. Stagger back to your hotel room if you must, it's definitely do-able. Just make sure you put the parking slip on your dash, you might be towed. By the way, Austin is a TOW HAPPY city, you cannot just park anywhere and hope you won't get towed. It's a promise that you WILL BE.

Lobby has a library of books to borrow, and a fireplace. It looks so nice and cozy and lots of people sit in the lobby just to visit. It's very bright and cheery. Check in/out was a breeze.

I saw no bugs on the outside of the building. Usually I see crickets in this part of Texas, but there were NONE. Good. I hate crickets.

We plan on staying here every time we come to Austin, which is a lot. HOOK 'EM!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Clean, friendly staff and many restaurant choices in the area. Very convenient to the interstate. Good and constantant breakfast compares to the same hotel chain in other cities. Prices more reasonable than the one in Austin, probably about 40-50 dollars less and about 15 miles to the city.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Check-in experience late night was pleasant. Desk personnel was helpful and showed us a few rooms. Room was HOT! AC took Long time to cool it off. No outside noise. Carpeting needed cleaning as well as chairs. Bathroom good. Food in morning, average. Beds tolerable.

• Stayed July 2012
Irving, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

The service at the hotel was excellent. The rooms were very clean, and the staff was super nice. Great value! We would definitely stay there again. Our kids loved it too!

• Stayed June 2012
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I chose this hotel based on the reviews listed here on this website. And like all hotels, it really depends on what you need, to determine if it is a good fit. For me and my needs, it was pretty average, but clean, which is important!

First, unless you are a very deep sleeper, you'll want to insist on a room that does NOT front the highway. There are two reasons for this: highway traffic noise & loud music from restaurants/bars. Highway 35 makes for relatively easy access to the hotel, but it is also noisy, which really cut into my sleep. I think a room on the back side of the hotel wouldn't be so bad. There are also two restaurants out in front, one serves Mexican food, the other is a bar serving American fare. This gives you two nice options for dining, but there is also a lot of loud music pumping out of one or both of them. But all of that would not be so big an issue of the air conditioner fan were to run steady, but they have those units where the fan kicks on for A/C, then shuts off until the thermostat kicks the A/C back on. The result of this is that I would every few minutes would cycle between nice white (fan) noise, then back to traffic/music and on throughout the night like this. So, given that you can't have solid white background noise from the fan, request a room on the back side of the hotel and that should help. On the upside, however, I heard virtually no interior noise in the hotel, despite it being packed with multiple teams for a softball tournament (and those groups are notoriously loud!), but we never heard a peep from the group right across the hall from us, which makes me think that if you can avoid the noise from the front of the hotel, you should be in decent shape.

Otherwise, the stay was well. Front desk staff were very friendly, although the check in process here takes a loooong time. Both times I've been through check in here, it has taken 5-10 minutes to process my payment, get the room keys, etc so just be aware that it might take a while for you to get to your room. Once you get to the room, they are average size with nice tall ceilings. They have the old-fashioned, multiple-use comforters, but I did not notice any dirt, hair, etc. I did not notice any smoke smell, either, which was a relief!

Breakfast was ok. They had biscuits and gravy, make-your-own waffles, fresh fruit, etc. The breakfast serving area is rather tight, so it can get quite cramped, especially if people are standing around waiting on the waffle machine and the toaster. But when items were depleted, staff were fairly responsive in getting them refilled. And you get to eat on actual plates with actual silverware, none of this paperware that hotels often use these days, so way to go, Country Inn & Suites, Round Rock! Just outside of the breakfast area in the lobby are comfy sofas, rocking chairs and a small book library beside a fireplace, which was rather cozy.

While the hotel was ok, I'm a very light sleeper and therefore it probably wouldn't be my first choice. However, if you can sleep through what I've described, it is an otherwise very nice hotel staffed by very helpful, friendly people.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side should be more quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We found this hotel to be reasonably comfortable, and worth the money. The complimentary breakfast was very good and had lots of variety. The staff was kind and considerate and willing to help with questions and needs. We did miss a flat screen TV, but were busy enough not to consider that a drawback to our stay.

Room Tip: If you need cribs like we did for both rooms, do not think they will be available when you get there...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Round Rock? Share your experiences!