Clean hotel, friendly staff (especially Audrey, who baked the daily Otis Spunkmeyer cookies early for my husband and me, and brought them out to the pool!!! Thanks, Audrey!!!) .
Room 221 faces the freeway. It's very quiet, despite the soccer tournament families here for the weekend. Okay, I did hear a child running in the hallway above us - ONCE. A/C worked very well, almost too well! Pool is small, but clean. It looks like it has seen better days, but this is Austin, TX and the summer sun does a lot of damage to surfaces around here, so don't judge. Water was clean and sparkling and not over chemical'ed at all. Plenty of chairs and chaise lounges.
Large rooms, I thought. King bed, pull out sofa, wing chair, desk, fridge, microwave, standard bathroom. Sofa was comfy, I sat on it to read and the lighting was sufficient. The beds were hard, with a very thin mattress pad/sheet atop the mattress. It didn't keep me from sleeping, but it did keep me from lingering in bed the next morning upon wakening. There were plenty of available outlets. I use a CPAP and in other hotels, the outlets are either directly behind the bed (impossible access) or behind a very heavy bedside table. I experienced neither at this hotel, I was able to move the table and the outlet was within easy reach. TV appeared old (gasp!! a tube TV!) but it was fine so don't get your knickers in a twist.
Plenty of lighting, all the lamps worked and were easy to turn on and off. Not always the case in some hotels.
Breakfast was fine. Fresh fruit, standard rolls, muffins and bagels. Pancakes, powdered eggs, make your own waffles. Plenty of everything, it seemed. Even oatmeal with all the fixin's, including vanilla yogurt. I didn't have the coffee but you can expect any hotel coffee to be not terrible.
I hung out the DO Not Disturb sign, because the cleaning crew knocked on the door to make the beds, etc. and I just didn't want them coming in and I didn't need them to make my bed. I could hear them knocking on doors in the hall as well. I didn't need new towels, or need any cleaning. I clean up after myself and don't make big messes in hotel rooms. The cleaning crew was ever present which is a good sign, but I had some electronics and a CPAP in my room that I didn't want anyone around.
In practically the same parking lot, is the Westside Ale House (typical greasy sports bar food and 30 beers on tap) and La MArgarita's. We patronized both, and they were okay. You can walk to both these places from your hotel room. Stagger back to your hotel room if you must, it's definitely do-able. Just make sure you put the parking slip on your dash, you might be towed. By the way, Austin is a TOW HAPPY city, you cannot just park anywhere and hope you won't get towed. It's a promise that you WILL BE.
Lobby has a library of books to borrow, and a fireplace. It looks so nice and cozy and lots of people sit in the lobby just to visit. It's very bright and cheery. Check in/out was a breeze.
I saw no bugs on the outside of the building. Usually I see crickets in this part of Texas, but there were NONE. Good. I hate crickets.
We plan on staying here every time we come to Austin, which is a lot. HOOK 'EM!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For a comfortable stay in the North Austin, TX area, choose the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Round Rock, TX. When you make this property your relaxation destination, you put yourself near the area's top attractions, including Inner Space Caverns, Dell Diamond, Old Settlers Park, Rock'n River Family Aquatic Center and Round Rock Premium Outlets. During your hotel stay, take advantage of numerous ways to relax and recharge, including free high-speed Internet access for staying connected, a complimentary, hot Be Our Guest Breakfast buffet for stress-free mornings, an outdoor pool for unwinding and a fitness center for de-stressing. It's easy to make yourself at home when you land at the Country Inn & Suites Round Rock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Carlson, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Round Rock, TX reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Round Rock Hotel Round Rock
- Country Inn And Suites Round Rock
- Round Rock Country Inn
- Country Inn Round Rock