“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Round Rock
Dripping Springs
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

My wife and I recently had the opportunity to stay at this hotel. When we arrived we were immediately checked in and felt very welcomed. The staff seemed almosted excited that we were there. Our room was ready, clean and larger than expected. The shower was hot with just the right amount of pressure. The bed was very comfortable and although I don't know what brand of pillows they have I wish I would have asked. For breakfast we expected fruit and cold cereal wich was provided but we were pleasantly surprised to find hot biskuites, gravey, a hot waffle iron and plenty of batter to go with it. We will definitely use this hotels again the next time we stay in Round Rock or the north Austin area again..

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

she doesnt care for the country feel but I like it. This hotel is located right off of I-35 and close to everywhere we needed to visit. Nice appeal as soon as you drive up. The check-in and check-out process was Great! The beds were nice and firm! I cant stand feather pillows but I made it work. The AC unit was a bit loud but I like a little noise when falling asleep. The bathrooms in our rooms were HUGE...We loved that! The breakfast buffet was excellent every morning we were there. The staff was very friendly. Even though the pool needed some light cleaning, we still enjoyed a quick dip. The hot tub was nice and hot! I would stay here again if i was in the area.

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong with a top floor room!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
El Paso, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

The bed was too firm. The sofa bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in and since it was in the living area close to the front door, I could hear the ice machine all night. The rooms are not sound proof. The breakfast was ok but no yogurt or variety of fruit. They mostly offered carbs and empty calorie items. There was no paperwork with information about the wireless services and the phone didn't work to call the front desk to ask about it. We were close to the front desk but I forgot to ask them so just did without it. Overall, it was ok but definitely not worth the price in my book. However, it was convenient to our destinations being right on I-35 but don't expect too much. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice machine! Too noisy!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

It's been lovely staying at the country inn.the receptionists are super kind and helpful.i will defenetly come back!!

• Stayed March 2012
League City, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

We have stayed in several similar hotels in the Round Rock area and have found that the Country Inn and Suites is by far the best value in the area. Not plush, but clean with a great staff and very good breakfast buffet. Our first choice in this area!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

The price is right, room and bathroom were clean. Fast check-in, staff are helpful, and the room was very quiet.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Grapevine, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

My friends and I were looking for a hotel for a girls' weekend to Austin, and we found a super rate on the Country Inn & Suites in Round Rock. I was a little apprehensive because the rate was so cheap, but all of my fears were unfounded! The lobby is really cute with homey furniture and wood floors. The desk clerk was friendly and checked us in quickly. Our room was really nice! We had a king bed and a pull-out sofa with a fridge and microwave in the room. All of the furnishings were in great condition and the towels were thick and soft. We didn't use the pool, but it looked nice. One of my biggest pet peeves is a hotel where "breakfast" is all carbs, and this hotel didn't fall into that trap. Each day, there were hot items on the buffet, along with fresh fruit and dairy items.

Bottom line: if I'm in the Austin area again, I will defintiely stay here!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Round Rock, TX? Share your experiences!