“Lovely Hotel, Wonderful staff, Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 La Frontera Blvd, Round Rock, TX 78681   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Austin, TX
“Lovely Hotel, Wonderful staff, Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

We stayed here one night when my daughter had a softball tournament. The staff was incredibly friendly, especially the bartender/waiter in the restaurant. We also tried the restaurant for dinner and our entire family was pleased (the steak salad was incredible!). Our room was very clean and they happily provided a small refrigerator when requested, which was nice since we wanted cold waters for the game the next day. My kids absolutely LOVED the indoor pool. The only problem we had was that the room directly across form us kept opening and shutting every 5-10 minutes from midnight until almost 2am with someone going to and from another room. Luckily it did not disturb my little girl as she was on the pull-out coach furtherest from the door, but I didn't get to sleep until they across the hall finally stopped opening/closing the door. I didn't call the management though because I felt that it wasn't really there fault or something that they could control - the other guests weren't yelling/talking loud really, just opening/closing doors. Overall, we really liked this hotel and would easily recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Jersey Shore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

My wife had two days of business in Austin so I tagged along. The hotel appeared to be new. I had a few drinks at the bar and the bartender was friendly and attentive. (He also poured it like he didn't own it). The bar and restaurant were empty. Actually, the whole Hotel seemed empty. The staff went out of their way to be nice. The room was on the larger side for a hotel room and everything was fresh and clean. Asked for extra towel's on check in, and got them, but they were gone the next day when the maid cleaned the room. The big issue I had was that they charged 10 bucks a day for internet. I was aware of this when I booked in so it was no surprise, but other Marriott hotels in the area did not.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

We had my 18 years old son's memorial there. The hotel and their ballroom are beautiful and the management especially Kyle was wonderful, they made this sad occasion much easier for all of us. Highly recommend this hotel for any occasion.

• Stayed April 2010
Claremont, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

The service here is some of the best of any Marriott I've stayed in the past 5 years. The staff is attentive, sharp, and knowledgeable. Very much a "Can Do" attitude.

Also a very nice touch is the turn down service on the concierge floors: the staff sets your radio to classical music, low volume, then places ice in your bucket. They also change up the turn down treat each night (one night its mints, the next white chocolate pretzels, next night is M&Ms, next night trail mix, etc.).

The concierge room is well stocked with sodas, bottled water, sandwiches, and cheese/veggies each night. Even when they're not serving breakfast or nightly snacks, they always have soda, water, fruit, and chips available. Also, they feature the usual hot item each night. The concierge does a great job in making sure everyone is well taken care of. Last week he called my room to invite me in for cookies as he hadn't seen me that evening.

The rooms and hallways are classic Marriott decor, not the more modern decor, except for the bedding. Dressers, lamps, and art is more colonial. Doesn't bother me, but some might prefer a more hip Marriott. The lobby also seems very dated, but not in bad shape. I rarely go through it.

The rooms and hallways are immaculate. One of the cleanest Marriott hotels. The rooms are of average size.

The rate at this property is fairly high. I was on a discounted rate of $149/night, but the normal corporate rate is approximately $190/night. That's fairly high for Round Rock, Texas. But, it is quite aware that it's the nicest property in Round Rock, so the lack of competition allows it to keep a fairly high price.

I will definitely stay here each time I return to Round Rock.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

My husband and I stayed there on 02/20/2010. The hotel staff was very friendly, the bed was comfotable and the room was clean. They also let me check out late, which was great. I left my phone charger behind they are in the process of looking for it. They said if they find it they will ship it to me. Overall I give it two thumbs up. I wish they had complementary breakfast, but other then that. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Laguna Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

Great service, parking, great detail for business needs and I really enjoyed the bed comfort and the stereo components that allow me to use my media

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

The entire staff were amazingly helpful and friendly. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The lounge was a nice place to meet up with family and hang out. The pool was small but was good enough for young kids. Fitness center had plenty of quality equipment.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Been to Austin Marriott North? Share your experiences!