I stayed three days at this Marriott (also known as the Marriott La Frontera).
I found the staff to be well trained and very friendly, not the disinterested types often found in chain lodgings. Our king room (#403) was very spacious and clean as a pin. The maid service was efficient and the fitness room was large and well equipped. The bathroom had a nice walk-in shower and a very large counter, so my wife could spread out all the necessities of good grooming.
The City Grill restaurant is a cut above typical Marriott dining. The breakfast buffet is sumptuous and the staff, including Lua, the hostess and Debbi, our server took good care of us. Our compliments to Andrew Meyer, the restaurant manager for hiring such good people.
I just don't expect to find such good service in a chain dining room.
The rates are somewhat higher than the Marriott Fairfield and Courtyard brands, but the weekend prices are a bargain. The only negatives were the annoying music and loud gushing fountain in the lobby. We really did not need those distractions with our morning coffee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ranked among the best in guest satisfaction, the award-winning Austin Marriott North hotel defines superior service and amenities. The only full-service hotel in Round Rock, TX, offering a convenient location in La Frontera E-Commerce Park near Dell Headquarters, Hewlett Packard, Samsung and IBM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Austin Marriott North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Austin Marriott North Hotel Round Rock
- Marriott Round Rock
- Marriott Hotel Round Rock
- Round Rock Marriott