The staff was extremely nice - otherwise you'd be seeing only 1 star...
It started when we tried to check in - they could not find a reservation for our party of 8 - even though we had confirmed reservation numbers. They told us it wouldn't be a problem, and they would just book us as walk ins. While it did take awhile for check in, I was ok with it. But, it got worse...
Once checked in, the staff member walked me down to the hall and directed me to my room. Nice touch! When I got to my room, I noticed I was right next to the exit door, and right across from the parking lot. OK, I can live with that. So I unpacked, freshened up, and went to meet my colleagues for dinner. A few of them were standing in the entry area, I joined them, and then a staff member came up to me and asked to speak with me privately.. HMM... So, I joined him and he proceeded to tell me that they needed to carpet my room the next day, and I needed to move. Now, this was the room they JUST assigned me not more than 20 minutes earlier. OK, stupid, but I can live with that. So, I told him that I'd go to dinner, and call them when I got back. He said that woudn't be an issue, and they'd help me move. (Now, some hotels I've been to would actually pack you up and move you if they made the mistake - not the Marriott.).
When I returned from dinner, I packed up and called the front desk. "Shaun" answered and I explained I was ready to move. He seemed confused, put me on hold for a few minutes, and then returned. He said he'd be down to take me to my new room immediately. 15 minutes later - still waiting for Shaun. I gave up. I began walking with my suitcase towards the front desk, when I enountered a female staff member. (Obviously not Shaun). She said she would take me to my room. No bell staff, no help with the luggage - so I carried it myself. She took me on the elavator to the second floor, and pointed me to my room. For my inconvenience, she told me I could use the lounge on the preferred floor.
When I got to my new room, I noticed the carpet really wasn't much nicer than the room I left.. Also, the TV didn't work. There was a huge water spot on the ceiling, and you could also see water damage in a line across the ceiling. My new room was also right across from the world's brightest spotlight. My blackout drapes would not cover it, so it was like daylight in my room all night. I did try to use both my lamp and my chair on each end of the curtain to hold the curtain tight, but it didn't work.
Luckily, I only had to stay 2 nights.
But - the room was clean and the staff was nice. Too bad it didn't make up for the rest...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ranked among the best in guest satisfaction, the award-winning Austin Marriott North hotel defines superior service and amenities. The only full-service hotel in Round Rock, TX, offering a convenient location in La Frontera E-Commerce Park near Dell Headquarters, Hewlett Packard, Samsung and IBM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Austin Marriott North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Austin Marriott North Hotel Round Rock
- Marriott Round Rock
- Marriott Hotel Round Rock
- Round Rock Marriott